Why can't I receive group texts?
djsly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having a difficulty receiving text messages when I send a message to a group. If I send out a group text and people respond , the message comes to me and displays as " no content" and shows a box with the word download in it. I try to download and it does nothing. If the same person responds to my group message by starting a new text, it comes through fine

Group messaging is one of the primary modes for sending out information, so I need this to work.

Help is appreciated

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G2 Group Texting Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information djsly! You have the latest software version available. Please install Verizon Messages Application http://bit.ly/13rcZfv  and test.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here djsly! Let's get to that group messaging working for you! What is your phone's software version? What messaging application do you use?

0 Likes
djsly
Enthusiast - Level 2

II amusing the standard messaging which came on the phone

software version. Vs98026a

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information djsly! You have the latest software version available. Please install Verizon Messages Application http://bit.ly/13rcZfv  and test.

0 Likes
Sajor
Enthusiast - Level 1

djsly - did this fix work for you? I have been having similar issues since October

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

26A seems to be the last update, from Sept 2014.  Problem is is that Kenneth Maurice at VZW stated that there would be an update on Dec 20 this year, as in 3 days ago.  That update never came.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Do you have a link to that statement?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Only through my email.  He didn't broadcast his message to me via internet, so no link.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

And, I'm pretty sure the info within would be moderated.

0 Likes
djsly
Enthusiast - Level 2

people sending me attachments or responding to a group message still wont come through. The same download message is received by me

0 Likes