Why can't I transfer pictures wirelessly?
Christian7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have LG phone model Trident VS980.  Used to be able to transfer pictures wirelessly from phone to Windows 10 desktop, but it stopped working.  Can't find errors in any settings on phone or desktop.  Also, when using USB cable, all phone pictures don't show on desktop to move to Windows drive.  Can anyone advise me?  Thanks very much.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Picture Transfer
Snn5
Legend

The wireless drive option was a tricky feature to use.  Mine worked sometimes, other times it would not connect.  When connected via USB, make sure you look in the DCIM folder of the internal memory (since there is no external memory.)  Also check other folders like Pictures, Messenger, FaceBook, and any media folder where pictures may have saved to including Screenshots and such.

Also, make sure you have the updated LGUnifiedDrivers, available from either a Google search or from LG.com

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The wireless drive option was a tricky feature to use.  Mine worked sometimes, other times it would not connect.  When connected via USB, make sure you look in the DCIM folder of the internal memory (since there is no external memory.)  Also check other folders like Pictures, Messenger, FaceBook, and any media folder where pictures may have saved to including Screenshots and such.

Also, make sure you have the updated LGUnifiedDrivers, available from either a Google search or from LG.com

0 Likes
Christian7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your response.  I had used wireless transfer about 20 times with no glitches until this last attempt.  Yes, I checked all the folders you mentioned.  My pictures were all in the same folder (camera) but not all of them were there that are on my phone.  Plus it took 3 hours to transfer by USB what completed in 30 minutes wirelessly.  I upgraded to Windows 10 not too long ago.  I thought I had transferred pics since then, but maybe not.  Could it be the new OS?  Are there any programs available to transfer wirelessly from LG (android) to Windows 10?

Thanks in advance for response.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Unfortunately most of the free apps like AirDroid and other programs like that have a limit on how much data you can transfer and Verizon disable the LG App Suite so that you cannot use it with a PC.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Christian7 Helping you get your photos transferred is important to us. You can't replace those memories. How do you have the pictures saved? I'm not showing a Trident VS980 can you confirm that number?
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It's an LG G2.

Christian7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, that's correct.  LG VS980.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love taking pictures and always transfering my files to my PC to save space on my phone. Click on this link Jim and view the multiple ways of transferring your files. http://spr.ly/6589BYSFl

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes