Why does it take 10 sec for a call to initiate after KK? Anyway to fix?
funutation
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted a video of what happens here.  I hit send.  I see the black circle for about 10 sec, and then the call initiates.

Phone call takes too long to initiate after kitkat upgrade on Lg G2 - YouTube

Before it would just initiate without a wait.

Ted

LG G2 kitkat

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does it take 10 sec for a call to initiate after KK? Anyway to fix?
funutation
Enthusiast - Level 2

RESOLVED: The app called "Call Control" was interfering.  Figured it out accidentally.  I had not re-accepted the terms and conditions (I assume it was either due to the KitKat update or "Call Control" updated and I was never notified)

I went into the app, accepted the T&C, and now we're good.  Calls are back to immediate.  I am no longer thinking about upgrading to the LG G3 to solve my problem 🙂

View solution in original post

Re: Why does it take 10 sec for a call to initiate after KK?  Anyway to fix?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing a video, funutation. This is a very odd issue. Have you noticed if you experience this issue in and outdoors? Do you experience any delays when sending text messages? In the video you shared I was unable to determine how much service you had. How many bars are you typically getting? Have you tried powering the phone off and removing and reinserting the SIM card?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
funutation
Enthusiast - Level 2

issue occurs indoor & out, no problems with text messages, and service shows full bars.

tried several reboots, remove and install the SIM card.  no improvement.

is there  a link someone on how to reinstall Kitkat?  Maybe I need to do a clean and reinstall

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Funutation,

That's just what I was thinking too! I recommend simply backing up your phone's content (contacts, media, and anything else you want to save), and then simply doing a Factory Reset http://vz.to/1hhyPGe .

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Why does it take 10 sec for a call to initiate after KK? Anyway to fix?
funutation
Enthusiast - Level 2

RESOLVED: The app called "Call Control" was interfering.  Figured it out accidentally.  I had not re-accepted the terms and conditions (I assume it was either due to the KitKat update or "Call Control" updated and I was never notified)

I went into the app, accepted the T&C, and now we're good.  Calls are back to immediate.  I am no longer thinking about upgrading to the LG G3 to solve my problem 🙂