Why doesn't my device recognize the charger?
iamarine
Enthusiast - Level 1

Whenever I plug my phone in to charge, it takes me 20-30 times plugging and unplugging it for it to recognize the charger.  I keep getting the message "Not charging.  The connected charger won't work with this phone.  To prevent damage to your phone, charging has been stopped.  To continue charging, use the charger and cable that were provided with this phone."

The problem is, I get that message WHEN i use the charger and cable that came with the phone.  What's the problem?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using the charger that came with the phone, it takes me 20-30 times plugging/unplugging it for the phone to recognize the charger. I keep getting messages that the charger won't work, that i need to use the charger that came with my phone, which is t
lindy1041
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a similar problem and spoke with a reputable salesman in electronics.  He said it was most likely a defective or cheap cord.  I bought a medium priced cord and haven't had a problem since.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Using the charger that came with the phone, it takes me 20-30 times plugging/unplugging it for the phone to recognize the charger.  I keep getting messages that the charger won't work, that i need to use the charger that came with my phone, which is t
Snn5
Legend

After a couple years of use, the charging cable may have a short in it.  Perhaps try another cable.

0 Likes
Re: Using the charger that came with the phone, it takes me 20-30 times plugging/unplugging it for the phone to recognize the charger. I keep getting messages that the charger won't work, that i need to use the charger that came with my phone, which is t
lindy1041
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a similar problem and spoke with a reputable salesman in electronics.  He said it was most likely a defective or cheap cord.  I bought a medium priced cord and haven't had a problem since.

0 Likes
mp_sc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same phone LG G2, as well as my husband, and we get this message too. I have bought several cords and wall chargers. the only way to charge our phones is to connect the cable to our computer and charge it that way. But we recently started getting the same message "charging has stopped to prevent damage to your phone" charging the phones via USB to computer. Also, we can only charge 1 phone at a time. Our phones are 1 and a half years old but the issue has been on going for 6 months.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This has gone on for far too long, mp_sc. We want to make sure you can charge both devices without any errors. I appreciate you trying multiple charges. Can you please try charging your phone while you have Safe Mode enabled? http://spr.ly/6589Bwbov

Also, please check the charging port for any signs of damage. http://spr.ly/6580Bwboa

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes