Wi-Fi connection on my G2
LunaM930
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi. Unable to set up home home wi-fi on my G2.  My home network is listed I click on it, put in my password but the "connect" butten is not highlighted so I can't press it.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wi-Fi connection on my G2
Snn5
Legend

The reason you cannot press "connect" is because most likely the password or network key is too short.  Depending on what type security

WEP, WPA, and WPA2 you put on the connection will decide how many characters were in the key or password.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Can you go to settings-> WiFi->menu->WPS Push Button?  Try that and press the WPS button on the router, then the phone.  Should connect.

0 Likes
LunaM930
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone says "WPS failed.  Please try again in a few minutes."   Will try again in a few minutes.  (sigh) I am surprised to be having this trouble.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

WPS is strange like Bluetooth when it comes to connecting.  You may have to do one before the other.  I usually have success with the router button then the phone button.  Usually you don't have to be on top of the router, just near it.  If you can go to your routers settings online you can set a PIN and try that, but then it starts getting complicated.

0 Likes
LunaM930
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bluetooth is done without a problem.  Should I uninstall it, do WPS, and then reinstall Bluetooth?

0 Likes
LunaM930
Enthusiast - Level 2

Success Snn5!  To connect I had to put in my WEP Key and not my password.  Thanks for your suggestions.

Snn5
Legend

I used Bluetooth as an example of quirky connections, but BT has nothing to do with this situation.  Perhaps reboot the router and then the phone.  Try WPS again.  If you are still unable to get WPS to work, or even if you cannot press the button to connect to the router/wifi like you tried to at first, VZW may need to send a replacement phone.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

OK, got it, the network key not password.  Makes sense.

0 Likes
turbokola
Enthusiast - Level 2

We're having the same problem. So where do we find the "network key?" We keep putting in the password but get a message saying its wrong.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The reason you cannot press "connect" is because most likely the password or network key is too short.  Depending on what type security

WEP, WPA, and WPA2 you put on the connection will decide how many characters were in the key or password.