activation
dhosk

can't get my new G2 to activate.  I have tried 3 times. I have shut down, and taken out the sim card and restarted each time but nothing is helping. It tries for over a half hour before it tells me it's having trouble activating and of course all the chat reps are busy and I can't get one of them

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: activation
rcschnoor
Legend

Is this a replacement phone or a new line of service. If it is a replacement phone, are you using the SIM card from your previous phone or are you using a new SIM card which came with your new phone?

If you are using a new SIM card, it is possible that the number on your SIM card was keyed incorrectly in the system. You may want to try going to your MyVerizon and clicking the "Activate or Switch Device" link. By following the steps here, you would be able to key in the number on your SIM card correctly into the system. This may possibly work.

You could also go to your local Verizon store as Elector has said. It is possible that you can work this out over the phone, too.

Customer Service

(800) 922-0204

or dial *611 from your mobile phone
View the *611 On-Screen App for Android Video
6:00am - 11:00pm Monday-Sunday
Emergency Service Hours
11:00pm - 6am Monday-Sunday

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Go to a local Verizon Wireless Corporate Store not a reseller. They can get it activated for you. And if the SIM is faulty they can replace it right there on the spot.

Good Luck

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Is this a replacement phone or a new line of service. If it is a replacement phone, are you using the SIM card from your previous phone or are you using a new SIM card which came with your new phone?

If you are using a new SIM card, it is possible that the number on your SIM card was keyed incorrectly in the system. You may want to try going to your MyVerizon and clicking the "Activate or Switch Device" link. By following the steps here, you would be able to key in the number on your SIM card correctly into the system. This may possibly work.

You could also go to your local Verizon store as Elector has said. It is possible that you can work this out over the phone, too.

Customer Service

(800) 922-0204

or dial *611 from your mobile phone
View the *611 On-Screen App for Android Video
6:00am - 11:00pm Monday-Sunday
Emergency Service Hours
11:00pm - 6am Monday-Sunday