can't send emails on Wi-Fi
md21403
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone else have this problem or know a fix? I can't send any emails when I'm on Wi-Fi, they just sit in my out box. If I turn WiFi off, I can send over mobile data, but that is a pain and kills my data usage. I even got a new phone, for a different reasons, and the problem persists! Please help

0 Likes
Re: can't send emails on Wi-Fi
Snn5
Legend

IF you've gotten a new phone and you haven't been able to send emails since getting it, then I would think that maybe the router isn't communicating well with the new phones settings.  Can you do anything else like web browse or such while on WiFi?  What email app are you using?  The stock email app is a bit cumbersome and I'd recommend using a dedicated app for whatever account you have like Outlook for Live, Hotmail, etc or Gmail app for Gmail.

0 Likes
md21403
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can do anything else over WiFi except email. I'm using the stock program, because I usr multiple accounts (an exchange acct and 2 POPs). It worked fine until about three months ago. Then just stopped sending. And it's any Wi-Fi, not just home.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I can suggest something.  Perhaps if you have email forwarding you can have one account on the phone and forward the others to that account.  Also, MS exchange, I believe, no longer works with the stock app.  Using Outlook app is the best way to go about that I have found.  In my "add account" tab I can choose IMAP and POP, but it uses Gmail I believe.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

what is the end of your address?  xxxx@????.??? (the bold underlined italicized portion.)

0 Likes
md21403
Enthusiast - Level 2

Which outlook app?  I don't want to use outlook.com because I don't need another level of complexity. It is Pachler.us

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I'm wondering then, if it is a true corporate account, if you need IT to accept or approve the device.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, whether you use 1 account or many, you will have the same amount of emails coming in.  That's why I suggested using one account and having the emails forwarded.  I have 3 accounts and all come to 1 email.  Its easy to switch between using the gmail account i have.  If it is a corporate thing, then I'm sure its a bit more involved.

0 Likes
md21403
Enthusiast - Level 2

One is corporate, two are personal. 😕

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you cannot forward the corporate to one of the personals, you may need to get IT to look into it.  I wouldnt think there would be an issue as long as the login, credentials, and address/password were correct.  Maybe copy your old phone settings to the new one.

0 Likes