Re: email issues after the 12b update
Jrid32
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any word on a fix for this software issue? It does not seem to be a hardware issue and looks to be a widespread issue.

0 Likes
JCAJOE
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue. The only way to make it kind of work is to keep the exchange email app running in the background the entire time your phone is on. You can never let the email app close out. This is not ideal for a lot of reasons - which I don't need to explain for obvious reasons. I use this phone for work and when fielding over 90+ critical emails a day I can't afford to miss one.

Like the other day when I needed to reboot my phone while driving. Dumb me, I forgot to right away open up my email app and missed some very important emails by about 1hr. Constantly looking to see if your email app is open is just ridiculus.

For people who don't quite understand - Its like having to check your text message app every few minutes to see if you have any friends looking to chat. ...you don't do that do you? no, you wait for them to appear on your phone without having to check to see if they are there....

LG/Verizon is going to be receiving a lot of LG phones back very soon if they do not fix this problem.

bevysioux
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had myGalaxy for 2 months, and am ready to return it.  I agree with you 100%

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the steps you have tried akinsac! I am eager to get this resolved for you. I know that you have already tried resetting the device. I do appreciate it. I am concerned that an app on your phone might be conflicting with your email. Let's try to run your phone is Safe Mode for 12 hours and see if this helps. http://vz.to/19NDXEO Keep me posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
akinsac
Enthusiast - Level 3

100% certain its not an app. i haven't changed any apps since the update. I'm beginning to feel like the few others in this thread. My device is now crippled because one of the essential functions of a smartphone no longer works since and update was pushed to it.

Jrid32
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Jrid32
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any fix yet?

0 Likes
JCAJOE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is pushing this phone hard right now..... with the amount of phones flowing out the Verizon store theres going to be more people with this problem. I'm sure they need to meet their "quota" before Verizon actually steps up and ask LG/Google for some help.

All we can do is keep asking if its fixed yet... Its such a nice phone too.... kind of sucks this feature does not work.

0 Likes
phil2s
Enthusiast - Level 2

on the top of this issue, i also have another problem.

i have to click "load full message" to see email content.

under "email size limit" setting, i only have "headers only" option, which cause this problem.

I check with my IT team and verizon customer call, but no solution.

Is anyone experiencing same problem?

0 Likes
CrazyChicken
Enthusiast - Level 3

Akinsac -

I am having the exact same problem, also went through their troubleshooting steps. This is ABSOLUTELY a software problem. I was actually written up at work because I'm on-call and did not receive an important email after the software update that was pushed. For any Verizon technician reading this I've completed every troubleshooting step and it didn't work. When will an update be released this phone is a brick without the Exchange feature working correctly