email
gmanisland

As of 4-1-2014 the android email application is not working on my LG Revolution keep getting server error.

can access the email via Gmail app on the phone but due to multiple email accounts I would like to access my mail thought the android app as it has all account in one application.

Has Verizon Blocked the android email app.

0 Likes
Re: email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Greetings gmanisland! It's terrible that you're having difficulties with email delivery to your device. I see that you're getting a server error, but I'd like to know exactly what the error states. That may be the key to understanding what's going on. Also, you've stated that you would prefer to use the Android app for email management. I presume by that you're using an app obtained through the PlayStore rather than the preloaded app. Is that correct?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
kwesterlund

My wife is having the same problem.

When the app opens the message "server error" pops up. You can't get any email.

0 Likes
DergCorra

You are not the only one, I have the same problem, can't even set up a new account I have for work. It will not even let me get far enough to put server information in.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing this information kwesterlund. Are you able to access data at all on your device? If data is not working, email will not work correctly either. If the problem has persisted, you can follow the steps in our troubleshooting guide to get things resolved quickly. http://vz.to/12TLCsR

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kwesterlund

Yes data and everything else seems to work, just not email.

Browser works, facebook works etc.

Email just keeps giving message "server error".

I had the same message a while ago when I still had my old LG Revolution and it was because the background sync was turned off. I checked that on her phone and it is still on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DergCorra,

Lets get your email application running smoothly! Have you also tried to set up the email account while connected to Wifi or the phones data connection? Please make sure the device is connected to Wifi then go to Settings. From Settings access Applicatoins and then go to All and find the email application. Within the email option Force Stop, Clear Data, and Clear Cache. After these step please try to set up the email account again. Let us know if this helps.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gmanisland

Yes I have found the problem is Verizon has discounted onboard Android email support for certain devices.

found it in the support files but have lost the link.  there are several devices listed;  mine was on the list.

Looks like the V is trying to make people upgrade or have to use third party apps.

0 Likes
DergCorra

Yup... the big V has accomplished its goals of making me upgrade.... to a new provider.

--

Sent from my Android phone with GMX Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kwesterlund,

Thank you for the additional details regarding your concerns with the email account. We want to make sure we get this email up and running! What type of account are you trying to set up on the device? Have you tried other mail applications such as K-9 and have the same error message? Please keep us posted.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twittter @VZWSupport

0 Likes