lg g2 wifi connection problem
zeidmanart

This is my 2nd phone with the same problem with 2 weeks. My wifi won't auto connect when I come home or enter my workplaces etc. I must restart my phone to get the wifi to connect

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: lg g2 wifi connection problem
PatrickNY
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think i *SOLVED* the problem!  When I upgraded to this phone, all of my settings and old wifi networks from my old phone got transferred over to this brand new phone (wifi networks from my European vacation!).  After a few hours of disappointment, I tried "Forgetting" each and every network.  Once I did that (it took a while), everything began connecting and behaving correctly.  Yay!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my! I know how important it is to have a reliable device you can count especially when it comes to Wi-Fi. Does the device auto reconnect once the device powered on? Does Wi-Fi connect after toggling airplane mode?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
zeidmanart

Thank you, Yosef. It does usually autoconnect when shut down and powered back on. I have not toggled airplane mode when using wi-fi.

Lynn

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information zeidmanart! Please try toggling airplane mode and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
PatrickNY
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you,

This helped me on my brand new LG G3.  However, I don't think I should have to toggle airplane mode in order for the WiFi to connect.  Here is a more detailed description of what is going on:

When I walk into range of a wireless network, my phone will say "Saved, Secured" but will not connect. As far as I can tell, the only way to connect to wifi is to restart my phone when I am already in range of wifi. Once I have restarted, it works fine until I walk away and come back.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? -- Without having to toggle Airplane mode?

0 Likes
PatrickNY
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think i *SOLVED* the problem!  When I upgraded to this phone, all of my settings and old wifi networks from my old phone got transferred over to this brand new phone (wifi networks from my European vacation!).  After a few hours of disappointment, I tried "Forgetting" each and every network.  Once I did that (it took a while), everything began connecting and behaving correctly.  Yay!