Can't Add/Update Nicknames on Verizon account in the Usage Message or Minutes logs
kngoff11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried updating phone numbers on my usage log with nicknames.  Every time I click the phone number, a box to add/update the number pops up very briefly.  I've changed a phone number to a nickname several times before.  

38 Replies
marsh70800
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Same problem and it is a pain in the butt!! I hope they fix it soon!!!!!

szielke1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem.  I have tried on 2 browsers - Chrome and Edge.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, kngoff11, I just wanted to check in to see if the steps we provided earlier helped with being able to update My Verizon. Please let us know if additional assistance is needed, we are standing by to help.

-Lauren

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kngoff11,

We just want to check in and ensure that we are doing all we can to help. Please let us know further details.

-Colin

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to make updates to nicknames in your My Verizon usage logs is definitely important, kngoff11. It is certainly a nice feature to help quickly identify calls in your call log online. We would like to gather some additional details so we can help work on getting this fixed. What happens if you try a different web browser? What happens after you clear cookies & cache in your browser? If you're unsure how to do this, please let us know what browser you're using, and we can provide some steps.

-Joseph

0 Likes
ohshat
Enthusiast - Level 1

different browsers do not remedy the problem

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the updated information, ohshat. We're definitely still hard at work on figuring this out. What happens when you try to do this via the My Verizon mobile app instead of the web browser?

-Joseph

marsh70800
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried different browers, deleted cache's and tried different devices in my home and it still will not let me update!

kngoff11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to do the same thing on Firefox, but couldn't.  The box to add/change nicknames blinked on for 1-2 seconds and the disappeared.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, kngoff11, I'm just checking in to see if the steps we provided helped. Please reach out if further assistance is needed.

-Lauren

0 Likes
kngoff11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to add a nickname but could only add one character/letter.  

marsh70800
Enthusiast - Level 2

It did that to me yesterday, ugh!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marsh70800, we want to make sure we fix this for everyone. We're going to send you a Private Note so we can gather more details.

~Jesse

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. So we can best assist, I will be sending a Private Note.

-Lauren

0 Likes
kngoff11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using the Verizon App, I've tried to add/update the nicknames.  When I first used the Verizon app to add a nickname, it worked.  I even checked the Verizon website to make sure it retained the nickname.  Since that first attempt, I've found that the added nickname is not retained through the Verizon app or Verizon website.  I've tried multiple times to add the nickname, but it doesn't work.  The only thing that has changed is the length of time that the "Add/Update Nickname" box stays visible.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! It seems like we have not received a reply. Remember we are just a message away in case you need additional assistance. Have a great day!

~Maria

0 Likes
kngoff11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, I'm not trying to add a nickname to a device.  I'm trying to add a nickname to the phone numbers we call or receive calls from.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, kngoff11. Just checking in to let you know that we're still available for you here. Please don't hesitate to reply to our message above for further assistance.

~Izzy

0 Likes
laurieloo72
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am still unable to update nicknames.  In the web browser (Chrome, Firefox & Edge)  the box pops up for less than a second and disappears.  This happens on both my laptop and in using Safari on my iPhone.  The Verizon app also doesn't allow me to change / add a nickname to a contact.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, wow! We are stunned to see you are still not able to update account nicknames for your minutes/message log. We sent out a Private Note, please review at your best convenience.

~Gilbert

0 Likes