Damaged phone fee for phone in perfect condition
damagedintransit
Enthusiast - Level 1

About 6 weeks ago, the charging port on my iphone13 stopped working, but it still would charge wirelessly. I have insurance on it, so brought it to Asurion, and they told me it couldn't be fixed and that I could trade it in for a brand new replacement at no cost. 

I went ahead with a no cost replacement through Verizon customer service, and shipped in my old phone was in pristine condition. No cracks, scratches etc. 

Now Verizon is claiming it arrived damaged and has placed a $325 damaged device fee plus taxes and fees on my account. 

After 2 calls to customer service, this hasn't been resolved and they will not acknowledge that it was damaged in transit (they are claiming the box isn't damaged and therefore assuming I'm lying) and will not remove this egregious charge. 

I'm at my wit's end getting the run around with customer service and I never would have traded in my old phone, which again, was in pristine condition and still charged fine wirelessly, had I known they were going to charge me almost $350 for damage I didn't cause. 

Any suggestions other than small claims? Anybody else experience this? 

0 Likes
Re: Damaged phone fee for phone in perfect condition
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, damagedintransit, we can understand how more than $300 in extra charges can cause concern. Were we able to determine what the additional damage was that caused the damage fee to be assessed?

-Lauren

0 Likes
mikeg92085
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing with me ... worse ... last Friday I was promised a $329 credit for the fee  (and it would be on my account by Tuesday) ... and was given a reference number ... no credit shows up so today when I called I was told it was rejected for a "damaged port"

THERE WAS NO DAMAGED PORT!  I HAD IT CHECKED AND THEY SAID IT WAS MOST LIKELY A BATTERY ISSUE SINCE IT JUST STOPPED CHARGING!

So today I'm told I can have a $100 credit ... next billing cycle ... now I get a text saying the refund is "under review" and I'll hear in 48 hours, so I'll probably get that taken away too.

VERIZON JUST LOST A 20+ YEAR CUSTOMER ... I never made a complaint, never had an issue, never returned anything until my iPhone just stopped charging.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mikeg92085, we certainly understand your concerns regarding the promised device credit. We would be happy to take a closer look at your account and make sure we clear up any concerns you may have. Your 20+ year loyalty is invaluable, and we want to make sure that we help take care of you. To best assist, we'll be sending a Private Message. 

~Izzy

0 Likes