Does Verizon price match phone prices?
Davidtech
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last Sunday I upgraded my phone to the Samsung Note 10+.  I think it's financed for 2 years for $1000.  Today i go on Samsung's website and they're selling the Note 10+ for Verizon for $739.  I searched google and saw a lot of people claim verizon price matches.  But on my way home from work, I stopped by the verizon store and the person I talked to said Verizon does not price match phone prices.  Does anyone know different?  If so, do you have a link preferably on Verizon's website stating they do price match?

0 Likes
Re: Does Verizon price match phone prices?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Davidtech, 

We want to make sure our customers get the best deals for their needs. We do have a price protection policy for the devices we sell. This does not match prices from other retailers. If we sell the same device cheaper within your return period, we will match the price automatically for you. We cannot match Samsung's price or any other outside retailer.

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
Shawandal
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is this still the same policy? It seems Verizon is using a loop to appear to save the customer money, but in fact, it knows it will not undercut itself and no Verizon dealer is a separate entity, so how can it beat its own price? The only way I see it happening is if you purchase a phone right before the Black Friday and Christmas sales.

0 Likes
YLZHANG
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought 3 phones with 3 new lines. Within a week, a new promotion with cheaper price on the same phone and same service appeared.  I asked for price matching. But I was told "no" because the phones were ordered before the new promotion period and were on an old promotion, even though it was just expired one day ago.  I was told that I will have to return my phones and purchase a new one in order to get the new promotion!

Ridiculous!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having the device that you need at the best price. We've contacted you via private note for more information. ~Geo

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!