That is correct, however a workaroud has been provided by the community. The steps are listed below.
1. Downoload he Vcast MM file from Verizon
2. Locate the file on disk. Windows Explorer is good for this if you're not sure where your downloads are stored.
3. Right click on the file name. A menu pops up.
4. Left click on "Properties" . A dialog window pops up.
5. Click on the "Compatibility" tab
6. Check the box for run in "Windows XP SP3" compatibility mode
7. Click "Okay" at the bottom. Dialog box will close.
8. Double click on the Vcast MM file name in the download folder to begin the installation
didn't work for me. Worked for my wife's laptop but not mine. I tried several other settings besides "windows XP SP3" with no luck. Anyone know why verizon hasn't come out with a better piece of software yet as that is one of Apples BIGGEST advantages over the android phones? Seems like a no brainer from a business standpoint to me.