Battery draining overnight with NO use by me and all apps closed. What's happening?
Silvertip01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Device showing >90% charge at bedtime.  Woke up was showing 37%.

Re: Battery draining overnight with NO use by me and all apps closed.  What's happening?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This awesome phone should have a good battery life. I'm sorry the battery depleted to 37%. Do you have your phone on automatic updates or automatic sync? ARe you having any issues with the charging port or charger for your phone? You can also check what is using the battery on your phone.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Battery draining overnight with NO use by me and all apps closed.  What's happening?
Stagedom1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having a major problem with my phone draining the battery ~ or rather all three brand new batteries I purchases for it. Samsung 4 will not charge while plugged in and drains battery in about 7 minutes ~ I have every possible app closed and use my phone only for camera, messaging, the occasional email...backlight is dimmed to nothing, and even with nothing running, Settings say it's my [very dim] display that is to blame...HELP!

Re: Battery draining overnight with NO use by me and all apps closed. What's happening?
jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

I was having a similar problem about a month after I got my Note 4.  I took it into a Verizon Store and they first said that I needed a new phone.  They sent me a refurbished device but not a new battery.  When I got the new/used phone, I popped in my existing battery and had the exact same problem.  Back to the store and they determined it was the battery that was the problem.  They sent me a new one but that takes 3 days.  They also told me I could buy a new one at Batteries Plus but that was not true at the time because the phone was so new.  BP might have them in stock now.

0 Likes
Re: Battery draining overnight with NO use by me and all apps closed. What's happening?
verizonissoooevil
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's our beloved Verizon for you!  They have your money and you have SQUAT!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
This must be more than upsetting to deal with battery issues. You mentioned having closed the application. However, has this step been completed? http://vz.to/1HCpKdi
0 Likes
jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

I went to bed last night with 54% on my Note 4 and woke up this morning with 12%.  In those 7 hours I did not use the phone at all.  This never happened with KitKat.  What is Lollipop doing that KitKat did not?  Can I get a different phone since my Note 4 has become horrible?  I can't trust it to last through the day anymore.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

This most likely has to do with a conflict with the new OS and an app on the phone. If you factory reset the device and reinstall apps you routinely use, there is a good chance the problem will go away.

I recently updated the OS on my phone and as a result battery life went down considerably. I factory reset the phone, loaded up my apps and now battery life is back to normal or possibly even better.

It is best if you ALSO don't save the settings on the apps. If a setting on an app is what the problem was and you factory reset the device and then reload the app with the same settings, it is possible the problem will persist.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want to ensure you have the power to power your phone, jrey03! When checking battery statistics via Settings>Battery/Power , what are the main processes causing drain?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

I had to factory reset the device twice this past weekend.  Once because the screen quit displaying, even though I could still hear incoming texts and emails and even feel the touch feedback, and secondly because none of my apps would download.  One app, which ever one started to download first, would get hung up and then nothing else would load.  The battery is draining even faster now than before the factory reset.

0 Likes