Samsung S21
LM69

My Samsung S21 has done 2 upgrades in the last 2 weeks and now I have a little green dot in the top right hand corner buy the battery indicator and then it changes to a little green microphone icon, what does this mean and how do I turn it off.

Linda 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S21
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@LM69 wrote:

My Samsung S21 has done 2 upgrades in the last 2 weeks and now I have a little green dot in the top right hand corner buy the battery indicator and then it changes to a little green microphone icon, what does this mean and how do I turn it off.

Linda 

I don't have the same phone as you, but my phone was recently updated to Android 12. I have too noticed that green dot and it switching to a microphone in the same corner of the screen. The only time I notice it there is during calls either on speaker or a headset. It goings away when the call is completed. If this is the same behavior you are experiencing, then I would say that is the expected programming of the phone dialer application. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
carboss303

One of the new updates in Android 12 is to alert you if an app is using your microphone or camera, if it does the green dot will be displayed to alert you that this is occurring

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@carboss303 wrote:

One of the new updates in Android 12 is to alert you if an app is using your microphone or camera, if it does the green dot will be displayed to alert you that this is occurring

Ah, that sounds like a good change. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LM69, it's important to know what each feature on your phone does. That green dot is a sensor access indicator. Whenever an app is accessing your phone's camera or microphone, even if only in the background , your smartphone will place an indicator in the upper-right corner of your screen to alert you. Do you have any questions about this? *Bee

0 Likes