s23 ultra visual voicemail not working
marine2887
Enthusiast - Level 1

S23 ultra visual voicemail not working.  i click the app and it attempts to load messages but comes up with an error message saying it encountered an error. try later or contact customer support. was on with tech support 3 times last week for well over 20 hours total and they ended up shipping me a new phone.  same issues.  i can sometime get it to work for an hour or so then its right back to the same thing. 

31 Replies
efcma5

My visual voicemail and voicemail not working on my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. Tech said it was not synched so he did that and it is still not working. I was on with techs two days in a row and the last one  had me turn off the phone (like I hadn't tried that a least a dozen times) and he called me back on my husbands number so that he could check to see if the trouble shooting he ran would uncover anything. He was going to call my number while I was on my husband's line and I was going to let it go to voicemail to see if it worked but he decided to give it 24 hours and call me back the next day (YEAH RIGHT!). As soon as he hung up I called my number and left a test message and nothing came through not voicemail or visual voicemail. This has been an ongoing issue now for about 6 months. I am sick of buying for visual voicemail and not having it or even being able to get my voicemail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you've been having issues with your voicemail, and we can further look into this. To better assist you, we will be sending you a private message.

~Freddy

0 Likes
snicklefritzy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got my S23 plus about six months ago.  I have to check the date. I hadn't noticed my visual voicemail wasn't working until I started noticing my voicemail wasn't working at all. People told me they were leaving messages, but I wasn't getting any notification. Then I discovered the visual voicemail app was missing.  I couldn't find a download for it and went into Chat with Version. What a waste of time. That rep told me to download any other visual voicemail. I said, "what for?  I pay for Verizon's every month and I expect Verizon, not some third party that has no business being on my phone or having access to my calls." It was a waste of at least 30 minutes. I left the call mad and telling them I want my money back for the last several months.  THEN, weeks later, yesterday (Jan 20), I was told again that someone left a voicemail on Jan 5. No voicemail. No Visual Voicemail.  I have a hearing disability. NOT just hearing aids, but wire prosthetics in both my ears. Sometimes voicemail doesn't work well because it isn't loud enough and visual works better, so I called again to Verizon and asked for a tech.  I was on the phone for more than 30 minutes with him remoting in, looking around, not finding a way to turn it on. He left, thinking it would work after a refresh. I couldn't stay on because I was headed to a funeral.  Bottom line. Doesn't work. Why doesn't Verizon know this is a problem specifically with S23?  Seems they aren't passing it on to their tier support.  I'm mad. I need it and if I have to get a new phone... that I don't want to do... I might.  Samsung screwed up.  Verizon screws up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand the importance of having access to your voicemail in the way that's convenient for you, and we will be glad to help. We sent a Private Message to further assist you. ~Geo

0 Likes
sinewave88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same issue with Visual Voicemail and plain voicemail working on my S23 Ultra.  The issues appears to be if you have a Universal Phone instead of a Verizon issued phone.  Mine is a Universal and I have been on a number of times with support and ran through all the things the support tells you to do several times....reset cache, reload visual voicemail, etc.  And nothing works.  Supposedly they elevated it to a higher level engineering group, but I have never heard anything back.   I spend over $400 per month on Verizon, but now I think I can justify switching.  

0 Likes
4mordog

If your using a VPN setup split tunneling in the VPN settings to allow the voicemail app to go through.

This worked for me

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sinewave88, we understand the importance of being able to use your device as anticipated. There are some features that are not compatible with unlocked or universal devices. We would be glad to understand further. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

-Andi

0 Likes
Dlovely47

I found out that the  Visual Voicemail feature  does not work  if you have and/or purchased what is called a "Universal Phone"! That is a generic phone from the manufacturer that does not have all the pre-installed Verizon features on it. You must have a phone with pre-installed Verizon features in order for the Visual Voicemail and/or other Verizon Apps. It took me three days and 20hrs and a bundle of persistence with the help of the Verizon Executive Relations team to figure it out. I hope that helps!

0 Likes
Roxasuit
Enthusiast - Level 1

I FIGURED IT OUT PEOPLE!!!!!! when you get the "error" (you have a new voicemail but it's being stupid and won't just show you) GO TURN OFF SAFE BROWSING IN DIGITAL SECURE!!!! I ha e no clue why it works; but 2/2 now it's fixed the issue. Might not work for everyone but if there's a chance it'll help someone else it's worth mentioning.  

Bionicbeauti

THANK YOU!!!!

I turned off my "safe browsing " and I got my visual voicemail to work again! 

0 Likes
DBBAFTERMATH85
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing here! I've had a pixel 6 pro and pixel 3 xl for the last 5 years both worked my last Samsung then it worked. Samsung S23 unltra,I've had it for 3 days doesn't work. I get an error message when trying to setup. I removed the feature and readded it on my account, uninstalled app and reinstalled and factory reset...still nothing. By the look of it in the community comments and online boards it's mox of Samsung voicemail app fault and Verizon voicemail platform not meshing together. This is 2023, this should be addressed right away. But knowing Verizon, they will blame on manufacturer, and won't do anything.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having access to your Visual Voicemail is crucial, and we are here to help. To better assist you, tell us a little more. Is your device software up to date? Would you please tell us what is the exact message you are getting when you attempted to set it up?

~Maria

0 Likes
Breal26

Hi Maria, I recently received had to get a replacement S23 (Verizon device protection plan)after the charging port stopped working on my nearly new original S23. The new S23 also will not load visual voice-mail. I do receive voice-mail and notifications but I need to call and go through the prompts. Is there any kind of fix for this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Breal26,

Ensuring you have access to voicemail is crucial, and we are here to help. We are sending you a Private Note.

-Colin

0 Likes
scottmaggie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. Got a Samsung Galaxy S23+ a little over 3 months ago. Visual Voicemail has had issues from day one. It will work for a few days then stop connecting to the serice. When trying to open the app it  times out saying "Something went wrong. We ran into a problem. Try again later. If there's still a problem, contact Customer Serivce"

To date I have spent countless hours on with support. Everytime I call they make me to all the same stupid things over and over - clear cache, delete data, force stop, reboot, turn off wifi, reset settings, etc.

THEY EVEN SENT ME A NEW S23+ which of course regardless of how much transfers over, it still takes a whole day to set up everything like you want it. 

And surprize - Visual Voicemail still does not work. At least on the last phone it was sporadic. This new phone it has not worked for 1 minute.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your voicemail. Those voicemails are pretty important and we want you to have access to them. I'll be sending you a Private Note shortly.

~Jesse

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Marine! It will be a pleasure to help you to check your voice mail, please send us a private message on this platform for start working on this as soon as possible.

I will leave you a link with guide of the common issues for the voicemail:  https://www.verizon.com/support/voicemail/
>May

0 Likes
rjmartn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just upgraded yesterday from S20 to S23. Same problem with Voice Mail on S23.

Was with Verizon support for 1.5 hours last night with no solution found.

Went to Verizon store this morning and they very quickly told me it is a known problem. Too bad Verizon Technical Support is unaware of this. Otherwise a waste of time for both me and Verizon.

Is there anyway to track progress on this known problem?

OldBenKenobi10
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issues too and none of my voicemail is coming through! Please help me resolve this issue or keep us posted when you help these individuals find solutions

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to read that you have this issue with your visual voicemail. This is a known issue and we are working to fix it.  ~Peter

0 Likes