LTE Extender
TBarguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

the LTE extender manual states that users accessing my extender can be limited in three categories: open (free to all within signal), closed (limited to mobile numbers I select), hybrid ( selected numbers first priority then open to others as capacity allowed).

How/where do I access this function?  The manual says go to MyVerizon, that is a dead end.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LTE Extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, TBarguy, I'm sorry for the inconvenience while trying to add numbers to your white list. We have reached out to the manufacturer for additional insight on this issue and we have been able to confirm that the information that we provided earlier is correct. The previous Network Extender model did support this feature, however, the new model does not. We have requested that the literature be updated to reflect the features for the current Network Extender model. 

-Lauren

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@TBarguy wrote:

the LTE extender manual states that users accessing my extender can be limited in three categories: open (free to all within signal), closed (limited to mobile numbers I select), hybrid ( selected numbers first priority then open to others as capacity allowed).

How/where do I access this function?  The manual says go to MyVerizon, that is a dead end.

The LTE Extender needs to be added to your account properly to be able to manage it.  Also, you cannot see it using the My Verizon mobile app or mobile website.  You have to log in to your My Verizon account using a desktop or laptop browser and you should see it under ACCOUNT->DEVICES.  If it is not there, it hasn't been added properly to your account for access.  When you are able to see/manage it, you will find that the Closed access may not work properly as identified/discussed in many threads on this Forum.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
TBarguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks jav6. I have previously located my LTE extender on the desktop version of myVerizon , but there are no buttons to access any management controls. You are correct the app version does not display the extender. I know it is on my account, I have seen it there  in my local V store. I have located my extender on Askey network by IP number where all the details of the extender operations are displayed, but find no access to open, closed, hybrid management, except a reference that it can be done and a referral to myVerzion. When I learned Fortran programming in engineering school right after TRex died we called that a perpetual do loop.  With all of your experience in chasing this, have you encountered any tech support at Verizon that can assist?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@TBarguy wrote:

Thanks jav6. I have previously located my LTE extender on the desktop version of myVerizon , but there are no buttons to access any management controls. You are correct the app version does not display the extender. I know it is on my account, I have seen it there  in my local V store. I have located my extender on Askey network by IP number where all the details of the extender operations are displayed, but find no access to open, closed, hybrid management, except a reference that it can be done and a referral to myVerzion. When I learned Fortran programming in engineering school right after TRex died we called that a perpetual do loop.  With all of your experience in chasing this, have you encountered any tech support at Verizon that can assist?

There has been little to zero technical support in getting this web site management of Closed Access mode/access list solved for the LTE Network Extenders.  It's hit or miss in even getting a support agent knowledgeable enough on the extenders to offer assistance.

TBarguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

To jav6, you asked if I had a response, but I do not see your note to reply to. (New to this community).  I sent a PM to customer support on April 30, nothing but crickets singing since then. I am really disappointed with the lack of customer support on this topic.  I have been lout of pocket “ for the past week, but will get back to this. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly understand the need to manage the connections to your network extender, TBarguy, and I apologize for the delay in our reply. Jav6 is definitely on the right track, but let me help push us over the finish line. You can learn how to manage connectivity on your extender by following these steps: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-231937/

Let us know if that helps.

-Joseph

0 Likes
TBarguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Joesph for your detailed response/reference. I followed the instructions on a desk top version of MyVersion (not the mobile app), navigated to Device Overview and received the message “Your request could not be processed at this time. Please try again later”. I did this several times, then called *611. After an aggravating navigation of the auto no helper, I talked to a real customer representative, explained that I wanted to manage my LTE Extender users. He understood, confirmed my LTE  connection on my account, but could help me access for me.  He called on technical reinforcements, and I talked to a person who said she could add those telephone numbers to my LTE management and close the system.  Great! But then she could not save the entries and sought more help.  The final answer is the “old” 3G LTE Extender was set up to be programmed. The newer 4G model has not been set up for user management. I pointed out that the manuals on line do not clearly make that distinction  and therefore there is much confusion in the Extender community chat forum. 

0 Likes
JED1018

Why can not Verizon rep  assist me with adding the LTE extender verizon sent me to My Devices so I can setup the Custom Subscriber group per VWZ bulletin 231937?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@JED1018 wrote:

Why can not Verizon rep  assist me with adding the LTE extender verizon sent me to My Devices so I can setup the Custom Subscriber group per VWZ bulletin 231937?

You may need to have an agent escalate to a next-level support agent familiar with LTE Network Extenders.  Even then getting the extender into the mode you want with a manageable subscriber group via the web site is a long shot.  Good Luck!

0 Likes
JED1018

I have chatted with 3 people in online support chat for over 90 minutes and 11, yes 11 people live for over 8 hours trying to make this happen. Several have said this should be easy for them to add it to My Devices, but it is not showing up. The last person I spoke with stated it was not possible, when the others have said it is most certainly could be.

My next step is an executive escalation.

0 Likes