Re: LTE Network Extender Error 5A
Superman23

Same issue here. After 2 hrs on phone and half a dozen different associates our lte network extenders MAC number was not activated on our account. Up and running with full bars in an area with no cell service. 

0 Likes
Byronrizos
Enthusiast - Level 1

Set up network extender today  and keep receiving server error 5A.

Any suggestions t remedy this?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Superman23, we are sorry to hear about the concerns you are experiencing with your Network Extender. We are here for your support. Let's review. What is the Model number of your Network Extender? When did this start? Is there any change after you reset your Wi-Fi Router? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please send us a Private Note.

*Carla

0 Likes
larryoftedahl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am sorry to say I am having the same problem with an Server Error 5A.  Yes, it sure looks simple to set up, two plugs and done.  But, then it does not work and it's really hard to troubleshoot  with no buttons to push...:)  I have been on the "phone" over an hour now with someon from the "help" team and nothing has been done yet.  Do the chat people take breaks in the middle of the chat?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The error that you are getting is Server Error 5A Please check user guide The Ethernet port on the LTE Network Extender is not operational, please check the Ethernet cable is firmly connected at both ends, and the switch, router or internet gateway is turned on.*Rhonda

0 Likes
myarza

Has there been any movement and or resolution for this issue?  I am getting the same error and I believe I have tried every possible setting configuration but to no avail.  I have also been in contact with support via multiple phone calls  and they have also had no luck getting it to work.

I have Wow cable, running a technicolor Modem Router. The extender is acquiring 10 satellites. But when it gets to trying to communicate to CMP server and what I assuming is to get confirmation from Verizon server it fails to do so.  Very frustrating at this point I am either ready to give up or maybe try a different router.

Also, I was told that the Mac address to my extender has been added to my account so there should be no issue there.  However, when I log into my account online I do not see the extender being active or in use.  

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@myarza wrote:

Has there been any movement and or resolution for this issue? 

.   .   . 

Also, I was told that the Mac address to my extender has been added to my account so there should be no issue there.  However, when I log into my account online I do not see the extender being active or in use.  

Sounds it is NOT registered in the server database properly.  A knowledgeable support agent might be needed to remove and re-register it in the database.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Myarza! Our goal is to provide you the best experience. Please send me a DM and allow me the opportunity to assist you as you deserve.

>Bella

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there. The extender does not usually show in thed online account. Are your phones connected to it now?

*Heather

0 Likes