LTE Network Extender Error 5A
mdvanvoorhis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looking for help getting my LTE network extender set up. I keep getting error 5A, The LTE Network Extender has failed to get a certificate from CMP server. I find no solutions online. There is a thread that looks promising but I do not have access to it (see below). I would appreciate any assistance.

How to fix Server Error 5A on the LTE Network Extender

Apr 24, 2022  The reason that Server Error 5A happens is that when it's connected to a router (which is many of us) Verizon is looking for the MAC address ...

Re: LTE Network Extender Error 5A
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@mdvanvoorhis wrote:

Looking for help getting my LTE network extender set up. I keep getting error 5A, The LTE Network Extender has failed to get a certificate from CMP server. I find no solutions online. There is a thread that looks promising but I do not have access to it (see below). I would appreciate any assistance.

.   .   .

Are you saying you don't have access to the router configuration that the extender is connected to?   What make/model router do you have?   You should be able to connect to the router via an ip address/web page for configuring it. There may be communication ports that need to be opened in the router to allow the certificate to be passed thru to the extender.

https://scache.vzw.com/dam/support/pdf/user_guide/verizon-lte-network-extender-user-guide.pdf

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Goodness! Thanks for reaching out! We do want to make sure we're getting your network extender up and running ASAP! Please, send us a Private Note, so we can open your account and get you taken care of right away! 

*Chance

0 Likes
JRVerizon77
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
spearseng
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue with server error 5A and I have spent pretty much 3/4 of the day talking/texting/chatting with Verizon Support and technical services.  All to no avail.  I still cannot get past the Server Error 5A

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@spearseng wrote:

I am having the same issue with server error 5A and I have spent pretty much 3/4 of the day talking/texting/chatting with Verizon Support and technical services.  All to no avail.  I still cannot get past the Server Error 5A

Have you looked at the user manual for ports required to be open in your router?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Becko1213
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue and, after an hour “chatting” on line, there is still no resolution. The Verizon corporate store told me the extender is “plug and play”.  Not even close and no one seems to be able to help….

Becko1213
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue and, after more than an hour, have gotten absolutely NOWHERE with your online chat!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with your network extender and that you've been on chatting a long time about the concerns, Becko1213. Can you share what you were informed about during the chat? Please send us a private message with some brief details so we can look into your concerns further.

-Ed

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure this issue is addressed. Please send us a Private Note so we can look into this for you.*Zachary

0 Likes