Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Are texts starting with 9000 and having 12 digits really from VZ or are they scams?
kevinfb

Hi. I got a text with an offer that seems legit. The from address is 12 digits and the first four are 9000. Is this really from verizon or is it a phish. It had a URL of m.vzw.com/700s22 in it.

Thanks.

Kevin

0 Likes
Re: Are texts starting with 9000 and having 12 digits really from VZ or are they scams?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

kevinfb-

We want to make sure that your message is coming from us is important. Please respond to my private note to further assist. 

-Angie

0 Likes
Re: Are texts starting with 9000 and having 12 digits really from VZ or are they scams?
Sacamero

Any clarification on this? I just got one as well

0 Likes
jav6

@Sacamero wrote:

Any clarification on this? I just got one as well

If you look up the domain of the link provided (vzw.com) you'll see it is a Verizon owned domain.

https://www.whois.com/whois/

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would recommend meeting us in a Private note, so we can review if we sent the message. Sometimes a phishing scam will try to duplicate an actual message, and try to appear as us. We just want to make sure it is from us first before running into an issue. I hope this makes sense.

*Gert

0 Likes