Blocking text messages?
amberbamber1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since verizon is poop when it comes to NOT letting us easily block many text messages WITHOUT CHARGING US MONEY when google messages does it for free does everyone just switch to google messages? I like messages+, besides the cell service it is the ONLY 2 good things about verizon. Support is garbage chat links over and over and over and management is too stupid to know if we want to chat we would OPEN AND CHAT WINDOW on our own but they have always been stupid. But the fact that they dont let us easily block text messages and spam texts with a single click is because they are criminals selling to spamming criminals and verizon is lining us up for them. Can we sue verizon for this? That they are in bed with the spammers and selling them service. That would be awesome to sue them for this. VERIZON SUPPORT! DO NOT POST A REPLY TELLING US HOW TO BLOCK 5 NUMBERS OR PAY FOR MORE NUMBERS TO BLOCK! YOU ARE CROOKS! 

0 Likes
Re: Blocking text messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sad to learn you are feeling this way. I assure you as I'm a customer as well, this is not something that is done intentionally by Verizon. Is there something else we can assist you with at this time?

0 Likes
amberbamber1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is done 110% intentionally. Why would the people at the top tell you their intentions. Time for a class action lawsuit to get Verizon to STOP SELLING LINES TO SCAMMERS and to allow customers to EASLIY block all calls. And your tech support is the WORST in the industry. Phone sends you to chat. Email sends you to chat. Chat sends you to chat support. Now your stores will just send people to chat support. You are going downhill quick.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry that you feel that way and we'd like to turn this around. Verizon offers a variety of options to help our customers to block unwanted texts, numbers, calls, ads, and emails. Please visit our website to view more info about these options at http://spr.ly/6605G2sTS. We're confident that this information will be helpful to you. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
sydfynch

your instructions on how to block texts is flat out wrong. Do you even know your own system?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see. We apologize for the miscommunication. We want to make sure that we are on the same page. What exact instructions seem to be incorrect, may you please elaborate? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
BlahBlahSpammedOn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's a simple option. STOP allowing text messages with links in them first off, or at least run the SMS messages through a spam filter? And then have any that pop up have to validate themselves because 99% of the SPAM are spoofed Google voice numbers.

0 Likes