How do I make Message Plus default messaging app?
Colleen_S
Enthusiast - Level 2

My "new" phone is not working, so I recenlty dug out my Motorola Razr to use for the time being. I downloaded Message + since all my devices are synced towards it. I am familiar with the program and know it needs to be the "default messaging app." Since I can't find where to turn that on, I seem to be getting notifications from my defualt text app as well as Message +. How/where do I fix this? I remember it use to automatically prompt to make the switch, but that prompt doesn't seem to be popping up.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I make Message Plus default messaging app?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Colleen_S, I don't want you to have any issues with your new phone. What is gong on with it?

In order to set Verizon Message + as the default, you will need to do this in the settings of the phone. Settings>App>Verizon Message +>Set as Default.

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Colleen_S
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am currently receiving multiples of every incoming message on my Razr. I have done what the other forums advised, I've cleared the cache, reinstalled. All of it. I still receive at least 2 of every message.

When I go into Settings>App>Verizon Message+, there is no "Set as Default" option.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you disable the other texting app?

0 Likes
Colleen_S
Enthusiast - Level 2

It will not allow me to, no. The disable button is, well, disabled.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the issues you're having with your device when it comes to receiving messages, Collenn_S. I appreciate all the things you've tried and let me keep working with you to get this issue resolved. What exact model Motorola Razr do you use? When you accessed Verizon Messages, did a notification screen come up asking if you wanted to use it as the default messaging app? Here's a link http://vz.to/2tr5WYQ to the FAQ's that can provide some additional resources with using Verizon Messaging you can use a reference. 

EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
E120579e

I need use message I don't can

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! We did not quite get your message! Are you having issues with your messages? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes