Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I unsubscribe from Integrated Messaging?
TiredOfLookingForScre

I accidentally signed up for it not realizing what it was(that'll show me). I don't want it because I don't want my messages anywhere but my phone, I'm worried my messages wont come through right and it takes too long to go on My Verizon to delete every message that I get. I saw somewhere on here where it said reply to the text with cancel or stop and you'll get a confirmation text if it works. I tried that but I never got a message. Please tell me there's some way to escape being signed up for it.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: How do I unsubscribe from Integrated Messaging?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

TiredOfLookingForScreenNames,

We want you to be able to enjoy Verizon Messages without integrated messaging. Follow the steps here listed in option 3 under the Integrated Messaging header http://vz.to/1zso1SD

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Uninstall the app from your computer and your phone, then activate the stock messaging app instead of Messages.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

TiredOfLookingForScreenNames,

We want you to be able to enjoy Verizon Messages without integrated messaging. Follow the steps here listed in option 3 under the Integrated Messaging header http://vz.to/1zso1SD

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gambledg

I like that answer but I worry if I uninstall the messanger if all my messages/text for several years will be lost.  Furthermore, I do not know where the "stock messaging app" is.  Where is it?  Google Play?  

Can someone at Verizon simply make it a switch in Messager that I choose-not interconnected texts on my two devices?  Thank you, [Edited for Privacy]

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes
skriptwreck

I have the same question but I'm about to post another question: Is it true that it is not possible to unsubsscribe to Verizon's Integrated Messages while my service is active?

0 Likes
skriptwreck

Screenshot_20220523-163157_Firefox.jpg

0 Likes
skriptwreck

Screenshot_20220523-163157_Firefox.jpg

0 Likes