Message+ Not Getting Audible Notifications in Text Message Screen
scottywayne29
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am no longer receiving audible notifications while in the text message screen with the person I am texting on Message+. I have to close or back out of the screen to receive an audible notification. I'll send someone a text message, set my phone on the table, and wonder why they haven't replied after 5 minutes. Well, they have replied; I just wasn't staring at my phone or backing out of Message+. This audible notification was taken away a year or so ago, then put back after customer complaints. I'm guessing it was recently taken away again. I understand some people like it and some people don't. There is a (less desirable) 3rd party text messaging app that gives the option of receiving audible notifications or not while in the text message screen. An option in Message+ settings would solve the issue for people who don't stare at their phones waiting for a text message and/or don't want to back out of Message+ every time they send a text message or for people who don't want audible notifications in the text message screen.

0 Likes
Re: Message+ Not Getting Audible Notifications in Text Message Screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would recommend attempting to enable the Message+ notification setting through your device. Depending on which device you have, the location of this option may vary. Through the settings of your device you may enable notifications to be sent to your display from any application that you have downloaded.

If my response answered your question please click the correct answer button under my response. This ensures other can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

- TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
scottywayne29
Enthusiast - Level 2

To resolve the problem of not getting audible "in-conversation" notifications on the Samsung Note 8 Messages app and the Verizon Message+ app, I researched the best third-party text message apps and chose the YAATA app (as shown in the attached images). The Pulse and Textra apps have the option of turning "in-conversation" notifications on and off as well. 

1) Select text message ringtone2) Select notification conditions3) Select types of notifications under conditions

0 Likes
scottywayne29
Enthusiast - Level 2

To resolve the problem of not getting audible "in-conversation" notifications on the Samsung Note 8 Messages app and the Verizon Message+ app, I researched the best third-party text message apps and chose the YAATA app (as shown in the attached images). The Pulse and Textra apps have the option of turning "in-conversation" notifications on and off as well. 

1) Select text message ringtone2) Select notification screens3) Select types of notifications per screen

0 Likes
grflr64

Typical uneducated pacifying response!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

acehole100, we want to ensure that you always get the support that you need. We are here to provide further assistance. Which response are you referring to? How can we do better to resolve your concerns?  

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes