Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
AgressiveNapkin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having this same issue.  I thought I would chime in to follow.  I was using Message+ the exe file until a couple days ago it stopped working forcing me to download Message+ through the Microsoft store.  I can send the messages through my computer, but those messages do not all show on my phone.  The responses from the recipient do not show on my computer.  

Anyone using another program?  I need something I can use if my phone is off.  I was using Your Phone, however, when I left the country, it didn't work.  I also tried Google Messages with the same issue. 

0 Likes
Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

I don't understand what their problem is, but they clearly don't want people messaging from their PC's.  The web site access is iffy, the older apps, V1.x and earlier V3 ones were generally OK until they essentially turned all of them off requiring a version that does not include syncing with any old messaging and is iffy on syncing new messaging.  On top of that, the Verizon Cloud app on PC's has never worked for me (and from what I gather most other people).  For what Verizon Wireless charges, it's beyond disgusting.

When I first complained about messaging some weeks ago, a tech had me install some 'test' version and gave me (completely wrong) instructions for finding and sending him some logs.  Never even an acknowledgement he got the logs.  You can spend hours trying to get through to support by chat or phone, and the stores no longer have techs.  Their concept of service appears to be a bad joke.

0 Likes
AgressiveNapkin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  It is very frustrating.  I get that they want everyone to use their latest, but why not let us decide?  Tech support did okay.  I did not like that I had to wait too long between messages (their chat).  She had me uninstall and reinstall message+ on the phone.  She said she refreshed the network on their end.  The messages from today seemed to show up, but yesterday's didn't.  It seems I am getting responses on my pc now, which is good, however, the phone does not mark read and vice versa.  

Did you end up sticking through this or did you go with another app?  I don't want to leave, but I really need the ability to text from my computer in case I can't be by my phone.

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

I'm using the web site, as bad as it is, because V3.03 or so of the PC app has zero of my older messages making it next to useless.  My guess is that Verizon downgraded the app so much to get people to stop using it.  I talked to someone in their 'executive offices' who basically told me where i could stick my opinion on the downgraded app.  I had tried chat - once I did get through it was typically 5 to 10 minutes between responses.

0 Likes
visarlene
Enthusiast - Level 2

Message+ has been discontinued for use with Windows.  Instead install the Windows app called "Your Phone" which will sync messages with your Verizon phone.  It has been working quite well.  Good luck!!

0 Likes
AgressiveNapkin
Enthusiast - Level 1

@visarlene it is no longer discontinued.  They must have re-activated it.  I do know what you are talking about those.  I have tried it in the past and it was saying that it was no longer supported.  Then it said to go to Verizon's website to download the desktop version.  I had spent hours with tech support because the icon to download for Windows was never there, only Mac and handheld devices.  When I wasn't getting anywhere, I just kept the .exe program and it was beautiful. 

I was getting messages that the program I was using was not going to be supported, but didn't say when, so I kept using it until it cut me off.  At that time, I went back to verizon.com and there was the icon to download message+ for Windows.

It is now working with Windows but there are issues here and there.  It wasn't showing responses, but after talking to support, it appears to be working okay at the moment.  Nothing from prior today shows on the pc, just the phone.  I am still hesitant and watching to see how this continues to work.

I am familiar with Your Phone, however, it's not that great.  I went out of the country and it didn't connect.  So, those who needed to have access to my messages didn't, which was a problem for me.  So I won't use Your Phone.  I need something that is always available regardless of where my phone is at and if it's turned on or not.  That's why I tried Google Messages and that was similar to Your Phone.  It lost connection and I stopped using it.  I cannot take that chance.  

Worse case, I have the website but the desktop is best as I like the notifications and not having to log into the browser.  Message+ has me until I can find an alternate program which I am finding may not be an option.

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

Message + was not discontinued; the download was moved to the Microsoft Store, home of some of the worst Windows software out there.  And it was very much degraded in the last version or two.  As to Your Phone, it's something I won't allow to run on any PC - it drove me crazy and didn't work very well.  

I can only guess as to what VZW is trying to accomplish, but it sure looks like, despite charging so much, they don't want to support a Windows app.  Given that I've got arthritis and find texting on a cell phone difficult (obviously I do it when I'm not home), having a viable PC solution is important to me.

0 Likes