Unable to send Text - (Error Code: Addr.Vcnt.)
redsoxbill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently tried to text a message and got an error code ADDR.VCNT. I have a Verison purchased Galaxy Note 8.  Not sure if a setting was mistakenly changes.  I am using the Androi App "Messages". This started on 10/7/2019 and is still happening. I do not get it on all text, just a text with a five digit number.  I have verified that the number is valid, and working.

Any assistnace is greatly appreciated

Re: Unable to send Text - (Error Code: Addr.Vcnt.)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping you connected is always our goal, and I'm sorry you're having problems with your short-code(5 digits numbers) messages. Have you made any recent changes to your settings or device software update? Share details. We are here to help.
Please, clear the cache from the Messages application. To clear Cache, visit https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-214068/ refer to "Clear Individual App Cache" and follow the steps.

EvelynR_VZW

0 Likes
christie7

Hello,

I have this same error and have cleared my cash and data and it did not fix the error.

Christie

0 Likes
christie7

I am also getting Error Code: Othr.Lst  - both are to the same contact and only that one contact.  I am able to call and talk to the person but not able to text them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to be able to text that contact, christie7. We are here to help you with that issue. 

Since this is happening only with that one contact, then the issue would not be with the texting service, but most likely the contact itself. The best thing to do is to delete your current texting thread with that individual and delete them as a contact from your phone.

Afterwards you can then restart your phone by powering off and then back on. When the phone comes back on please try texting that number before adding them back to your phone as a contact. 

We deeply apologize that this process will erase their previous messages, but it is a necessary step to get messaging working for that contact once again. Let us know how it works for you afterwards.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes