VZ Messages PIN texts
BarDblC

I am getting texts every 14-16 mins on avg with a VZ Messages PIN, with a different PIN each time. Why, and how do I make it stop???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZ Messages PIN texts
Docmarkc1

I called support and was told it was a known issue with a Verizon "server'.  They ate apparantly wiring on it.

Im getting annother text every half hour on the nose.

0 Likes
bb68

I'm getting the same messages...like 30+ a day.  I called Verizon twice today and they had no idea what it was. They had me turning on VZ Protect...that hasn't done [Removed].  I hope you're right about the server issue. I thought this was a hack thing.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
BUCKMASTERONE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured my problem out.  I have another Samsung 7 at the house.......it does not have cell phone service......my daughter uses it to take pics and use wifi whenever she is around the house.  For some reason that phone was trying to activate??  Maybe my daughter pushed the wrong button when she was playing around with it.  So, my problem is solved! 

yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

BarDblC ,  I definitely never like to receive unwanted messages and understand how receiving a ton of unwanted messages can be a bit frustrating. We do apologize for this experience.

Our team is aware of the issue and is currently working on getting this resolved.

We appreciate your patience.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
ToniaWilliams

I had this issue (VZ Messages PIN ????) but so far it appears that I was able to fix it by making another text message application the default (other than Verizon Message+).  Waited for a while to see if the text messages stopped (which it did).  Day later I reverted the default message app back to Verizon Message+ and so far, still no PIN text.

I've also read, and was going to try next if the above didn't work, was to update the app in the app store (but I already had the latest app).  Another person did a full phone reset that stopped the PIN Text (but I don't want to go through resetting my phone).

0 Likes
Kjmikich

I put the vz message app on my tablet because my phone died in the washing machine.  To activate it on the tablet it said it would send a pin to my phone.  Hello! Phone was dead.  Once I activated a new phone I keep getting texts with a pin "always middle of the night to wake me up"  I believe it is because I did not activate the messaging app on the tablet since there was not a way to do it without my phone and once I got a new phone I no longer needed it. Maybe if I go back to the tablet and activate it using one of the pins Verizon sends me in the middle of the night EVERY NIGHT it will stop it?

0 Likes