Re: What do the different color chat bubbles mean in messenger + groups
Ezelly
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this problem and this is how I solved it: My husband and I have exactly the same phones which we got at the same time. He was receiving texts for a group that I was not getting. We both use Verizon Messenge+. I noticed, however, that I was able to receive the group texts on my OLD phone via WiFi.  I solved the problem on my new phone by reactivating the Message+ app.  Now I get the group texts from that group!

scapaltal
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I send an individual text message using message+ I do not have issues.  When I send as a group I have several that have blue chat bubbles that don't receive their messages.  I don't care or want to know what phone they have or what service they are using etc., etc.  If I send individually they receive.  So fix your app please to recognize my messages that I send to a group as individual texts and send them accordingly so that this is fixed.  Thank you.

Arpiner
Enthusiast - Level 1

I read this entire thread and there isn't a single answer on what the blue of participant in group conversation means. 

My best guess is it means that the user is not seeing the messages. So troubleshooting may be for the individual users. However, I also noticed that the error happens only with enhanced groups. So, is there a way to convert enhanced group back to normal one?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rest assured, we definitely will make sure that we uncover the reason for the blue chat bubble that is displayed in group text messages for devices that are unable to view the text message that was sent, Arpiner. Can you please share the make and model of the device that you have? When you send a text message to the text message group in question, do any of the other members of the group have initial blue chat bubbles next to them that later turn gray after they respond or view the text message that was sent? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
JasonReed
Enthusiast - Level 1

So has anyone figured out how to fix this issue? I have 50 people in a group text thread. Some randomly turned blue and do not receive the group text any longer. 

JasonReed
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have figured out 2 of the 10 not receiving the group text. Both had been added while using another message app. When they either changed phones or message app, they quite receiving group text. Both set Verizon message plus as default and began getting text. Both are still blue when I look on my end.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We see how inconvenient this can be, @JasonReed. We want to be sure that we investigate further so that we can provide you a lasting solution. Which messaging application are you using? Do you have any software updates available? GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
KenStand
Enthusiast - Level 1

18 months from the original query for this issue and no real solutions. FAKE Support here. I have the same issue. Group with various contacts selected - only one with the blue cloud and they receive no messages sent to the group but are fine when sent an individual text. I have a Samsung S6 using Messenger from Verizon. Please pass this to an engineering group. No more 'we want the best for you' smoke.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello KenStand,

Messages+ should provide a great experience, so I regret to learn of the issues you're experiencing. We definitely want to troubleshoot this with you, and we can create a ticket, if needed. I will be sending you a Private Note, so we can continue.

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
Doghouse0082

So what is the super secret solution? I have the same issue.

0 Likes