Why am I Unable to attach gif or bitmoji using Message+?
MARBRO47

I am using the stock Message+ app for texting.  I am able to attach photos, but unable to attach gifs or bitmoji.  Error msg comes up saying "sorry, you cannot add this image to your message".  If I work backwards and start with selecting the bitmoji from the bitmoji app, then selecting to send via message+, it will work.  This however, is a backwords and annoying way to jerry-rig using this.

My phone, if it matters, is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Also, I downloaded the Android message app and am able to attach both bitmoji and gifs using that messaging app, but would like to stay with Message+ if at all possible.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I Unable to attach gif or bitmoji using Message+?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MARBRO47, we know the importance of being able to send attachments in your messages. We are here to help. Typically, issues with gifs and bitmoji would be due to problems with the Message+ app not being up to date. Is the Message+ app up to date in your phone?

To update the app please go to the Play Store on your phone, search for Message+ Verizon and then choose to update. If it shows up to date already, please uninstall and then reinstall that app.

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MARBRO47

​My message+ app was currently updated, but to be sure, I uninstalled,

re-installed but it still does not work.

I still get the error message "sorry, you cannot add this image to your

message".

This pertains to both gifs and bitmojis.

Again, I tried it with the android message app and it works using this

other app, but I have threads and ongoing messages on the message+ app and

would really like to stay with it.

If it makes any difference, I receive gifs and bitmojis from others just

fine - - - I am just unable to send.

On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 3:26 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MARBRO47, totally understand and want the app to work for you. The best thing to do now is to message our Message+ developer. They would work directly with the app to see what is going on. You can email them at verizonmessages@verizonwireless.com

StevenG_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jlrainwater

I am having the same problem with my new Google Pixel 2. I have reinstalled the app and given permissions in my phone settings.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to be able to send attachments and bitmoji with the Verizon Message+ application, jlrainwater. You indicate that you have reinstalled the application and the issues continue.

Are you able to send attachments and bitmoji with the native messaging application on our phone?

Are you able to receive attachments and bitmoji with the Verizon Message+ application?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
mfj001
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am able, on my Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge, to add Bitmojis when I go through the Bitmoji app, but there ought to be the option of adding one through Message+, as there is with every other messaging app I've ever used.  Why can't I add that option?

Additionally, very often when I attempt to attach a photo, no photo sends, which I don't find out about until the recipient tells me there was no attachment.  It's not just a hassle, but it can be embarrassing, depending on the recipient and the subject being discussed/shared, for example something work-related.

To be clear, my app is up to date. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mfj001, I want to ensure we are on the same page as I know there is a 3rd party bitmoji application whereas you can tailor characters to look like a picture of yourself. The Verizon Messages Plus application has a bitmoji option but not like the 3rd party bitmoji that allows characters personalization. I do hope this is something we will integrate soon but currently, it is not available. Please let me know if this information helps. 

NatashaA_VZW

0 Likes
mfj001
Enthusiast - Level 1

hi natasha,

i don’t see any sort of bitmoji option on message+. would you send me a screenshot or something so i know what to look for, in terms of what it is you are referring to. it’s not earth-shattering, obviously, but it would be nice to know how to do this more easily. thanks.

—mary

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mfj001, we know how important it is to be able to use your third-party applications and integrate them with ease into everyday tasks. We apologize for any confusion regarding our previous statement. Please know that Message+ does have it’s own “emoji” characters available; however this is quite different from “bitmoji”.

The bitmoji is a third-party application which you can use to export the personalized character that you’ve created. This service would be separate from Message+ in particular. For additional support with third-party applications, we’d recommend reaching out to the developer directly.

At the moment, are you currently experiencing any issues directly related to Message+ or any other Verizon products or services?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes