Why does my messages plus app keep crashing?
Themarnin1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can someone please tell me why my Messages Plus app keeps crashing?

Re: Why does my messages plus app keep crashing?
lr25

Mine is doing the same on multiple lines on our account. 

0 Likes
RSTAR4U
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found this solution in another thread, and it worked for me.  My only concern is if I lost any security updates. 

On android, go to google play store, click the 3 bars in upper left go to my apps and games, click message plus or Verizon Message.

On the next screen click uninstall and it will ask if you want to uninstall all updates for the message plus app. Say yes and it will work fine.

All message threads will be intact and your message + app will be the original stock version, but it will work.

Aimee6243
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is doing the same too...

Here is what Verizon told me..

Thank you for letting us know. We have been looking into your concerns further. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you. Verizon is experiencing an outage with the Message+ application. Our technicians are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it quickly. At this time, we do not have an estimated time frame for a fix. Please feel free to reach out to us for updates. Did you have any further questions I may help you with in the meantime? 

0 Likes
lbloveslife64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, this worked 

0 Likes
marioNine
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes mine started doing the same at about 7pm on 08-01-2019, I would click on my Message+ App Icon and then it would try to come up and then say, "Unfortunately, Message+ has stopped."   Report or Ok... I rebooted like 3 or 4 times, Closed the App and even pulled the battery out and still now at about 1am it is still crashing...But if you go into Contacts and Click the Message Icon there you can send a message, and had a friend send me a message and was able to send, not sure on replying since did not try that, but this is definetly a pain for all of us

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Themarnin1 We are here to help you with any issues you are having with the Message+ App. As a consumer, I depend on my app every day. We want to ask if you are still having problems as the post is 2 days old. If you are, please share a few details as to what is going on. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear about the issues you're having. We're here to help. We noticed that this post was sent 2 days ago. Are you currently having the same issue? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
summers22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response. Thankfully my problem has been resolved. Kudos to the Verizon tech team!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome! Remember that we are always here to help. We hope that you have a great rest of the week! 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes