Re: Windows Message+ App
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cellphone70, I would be happy to help work on this. Do you have the Verizon Message+ app installed on your main device?*Jose

0 Likes
JR5353
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got the same notice and thought it was a hoax and sent it to [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service].  Have heard nothing back, but today Message+ quit working on my Windows 10 PC with the same error message about not having the latest version on my primary device.  I've reloaded on all devices and still does not work on the PC.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To clarify, is it working on your phone, but this is what happens only on your laptop? Have you gone to the Play Store, searched for this app, and looked for updates on it? *Melissa

0 Likes
JR5353
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, it works on my Iphone 12 mini and my Samsung Tablet, but not my Dell PC running Windows 10.  I have reloaded M+ from the Microsoft Store, doesn't fix.  Have re-loaded M+ on iPhone and tablet, doesn't help.  Tried to go to VZ Wireless site to download for PC from there, and it just says Apple, Android and Mac.  No Windows 10????

mszteliga
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a similar problem with my HP Desktop, Dell laptop and Kindle HD.

Upgrades are either hung up with no response when trying to confirm phone or error messages

Messaging on Galaxy phone continues to work.

This "upgrade" seems to be a disaster! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for letting us know this, JR535. We definitely want to make sure that Message+ is working on your device correctly. Can you please describe the error message that comes up on your PC when you open Message+?  -Brett

0 Likes
JR5353
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same error message as described by the originator of this thread...

ERROR!
You have an incompatible version of Message+ on your primary device. Please upgrade your primary device with the latest version of Message+, then try again.

I've upgraded, deleted, reinstalled on every device I have and still doesn't work on the PC via the app.  Texting does work on the PC if I use the web based VZ texting link, but not the M+ app.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@JR5353 wrote:

Same error message as described by the originator of this thread...

ERROR!
You have an incompatible version of Message+ on your primary device. Please upgrade your primary device with the latest version of Message+, then try again.

I've upgraded, deleted, reinstalled on every device I have and still doesn't work on the PC via the app.  Texting does work on the PC if I use the web based VZ texting link, but not the M+ app.

Have you done the uninstall/back-off updates on your primary device and while in that state, done the install of Win10 M+ v3.0.0 on your PC?  That sequence worked for me, however I don't have an iPhone, have an Android primary device.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
JR5353
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I've reinstalled v5.1.0 to my iPhone several times, and v3.0.0 to my Windows PC several times.

JR5353
Enthusiast - Level 3

The specific error message reads:

Please download the latest version of Message+ from the app store in your primary device and try again.