Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
can't read the QR code from Message+ on my Amazon Fire 8 tablet
BSHURE11

Friends:

I thought the hard part would be getting the app installed and running on my tablet. It wasn't. Sideloading Google Play and then installing Message+ worked the first time!

I could not read the QR code with the Play Store version on a new Kindle Fire 8.

I uninstalled it, rebooted, then installed version 6.6.6.  I could not get it to send me a text message.

Any help or insights would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Bert

0 Likes
Re: can't read the QR code from Message+ on my Amazon Fire 8 tablet
BSHURE11

PS. We're using Message+ on the mobile phone. It works well.

Message+ on the 2019 MacBook Air runs poorly. We were hoping it would be more stable and reliable on the tablet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

BSHURE11, I know Messages+ is a big deal. I'm sorry you're having a hard time with it on your devices. Are you using it with your current mobile number, or a different number? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I understand, BSHURE11. Thank you for these details. Is the Messages+ linked to your mobile number that is on your wireless phone? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
BSHURE11

Thanks for replying.

I am trying to configure this for my wife. I'm using her current mobile number.

I use Google Voice which gives me more features for free. I thought Message+ would be easier for my wife. It would be if the software worked reliably on the Mac.

Cheers,

Bert

0 Likes
BSHURE11

@BSHURE11 wrote:

Thanks for replying.

I am trying to configure this for my wife. I'm using her current mobile number.

I use Google Voice which gives me more features for free. I thought Message+ would be easier for my wife. It would be if the software worked reliably on the Mac.

Cheers,

Bert

@vzw_customer_support 

Did this reply help you advise me on a course of action?

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble settings up Message+ on your tablet, BSHURE11. If the QR code is not working, there should be an option to have a text message sent. Do you see this option? You can learn more about Message+ here, http://spr.ly/66081wneg. DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes