Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
getting copies of text messages
maryanne28

do you know if you can get a copy of text messages from a diff line on your account... for example i have 4 lines on my account, do i need a suponea to get a copy from another of my lines?

<Post branched to a new discussion for more exposure.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: getting copies of text messages
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

This thread is over 2-1/2 years old; it would have been better if you'd started a new thread.

Verizon only keeps text messages a few days and to get copies does require a court order.  You can view text logs for any of your lines via your on-line MyVerizon account.

maryanne28

i didnt even think of that.. and didnt even look at the date 😕 but i can log onto my verizon account but cant find how to view text logs???

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You have to be the Account Owner and logged in as such.  Once in your on-line MyVerizon account, click the blue Usage Details under My Usage.  Look under the Messaging summary table and click the blue View Messaging Details.  Use the drop-down at the top of the page to move between phone lines.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@Maryanne28  Yes, you can retrieve terminating text messaging content for a line on your account. We are only able to provide an average of the last 3-5 days of content, but never more than ten days (240 hours) from the date and time the message is delivered. Please contact our Law Enforcement Response Team at 800-451-5242 to submit your request.

I trust that this info will be helpful to you. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to us. ^LH

0 Likes