Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
long distance texting?
samantha211

So my friend is away on vacation is Hawaii, I live in New York. Is this considered a long distance text message? I have unlimited texting 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: long distance texting?
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

HI Samantha211,

Messaging only has an additional charge if you are sending or receiving messages to or from countries outside of the United States. Sending a message to your friend in Hawaii is still a domestic message. Therefore, you will not be charged anything additional to send and receive messages to or from Hawaii.

I hope this information is helpful.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Never heard of long distance texting, but if you have an unlimited plan, you are fine.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Leader

Anything over 500 miles is considered a long distance, assuming you text at the speed limit.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

lewisr13 wrote:

Anything over 500 miles is considered a long distance, assuming you text at the speed limit.

:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

HI Samantha211,

Messaging only has an additional charge if you are sending or receiving messages to or from countries outside of the United States. Sending a message to your friend in Hawaii is still a domestic message. Therefore, you will not be charged anything additional to send and receive messages to or from Hawaii.

I hope this information is helpful.  

0 Likes