message plus wont scan qr codes
DAWMIS94
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have read many people including myself have been frustrated with not being able to scan the qr code  when trying to use the message plus app. I have spent hours with Verizon tecnical support and the problem has still not been solved. I just installed the Mysms app from the google store on my computer , Phone and  samsung tablet and it works perfectly. 

Re: message plus wont scan qr codes
Jacqui7852

After trying every tip I came across on here, snapping at every member of my family and just about pulling out my hair I chose a different messaging app as well... sad just sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear that you have been unable to scan a QR Code from your device as well. We know the importance of getting this fixed, and we will be glad to help! We want to make sure that we are on the same page. What application were you previously having issues with? Also, what exactly have you tried to get it corrected? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We are concerned to hear that you have been unable to scan a QR Code from your device as well. We know the importance of getting this fixed, and we will be glad to help! We want to make sure that we are on the same page. What application were you previously having issues with? Also, what exactly have you tried to get it corrected? DavidR_VZW

@vzw_customer_support , @davidr_vzw  Being on the 'same page' shouldn't be too difficult.  There is ONLY one page in this thread and the title identifies the app in question: MESSAGE+. 

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Bsimon24
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have to scan the code sent to your phone with the rear facing camera on your tablet or other device you are trying to activate.

Bsimon24
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have to scan the code with the rear facing camera.  Not the selfie camera.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great answer, please let us know if we can help at all.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
gilbertgrape

The rear facing camera on your phone to your tablet? The code comes in a selfie format.

0 Likes
gilbertgrape

The rear-facing camera on your phone to your tablet? Because the code comes in in selfie mode.

0 Likes
LB0705

I am in Colorado setting up a tablet for my parents who are quarantining in Florida. I don't have access to their phone right now. Can I do something else to verify and install message+?

0 Likes