Can't hear the Audio on a video sent via text.
dgrabago

Sometimes my phone won't play the audio part of a video that was sent to me via text.  Yet the same text was sent to my husbands iphone and the audio is fine.  The video plays on my phone but you can't hear anything.  And yes the volume is turned up:)  Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't hear the Audio on a video sent via text.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Greetings dgrabago!

I'm actually being overwhelmed by thoughts on this one right now. After all, this is a very odd situation and we intend on fixing it ASAP.

Now, the most important question I can ask is if this only happens with videos texts that audio cuts out? Or is this happening at all during calls, while playing YouTube clips, etc.? If it's just text messages, do you use a third party messaging application or the stock application? If it's a third party app, please uninstall it. But, let's assume we're on the stock app. For starters, please start by removing the SIM for at least 60 seconds so as to refresh your phone with our network. Then go ahead and delete your old text message threads so as to give you a fresh start. Finally, please shoot a video text to yourself, test, and update us on your findings so we can proceed if necessary.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
HCazarin

I have a similar issue in that people cannot hear the sound on audio files or videos that I send via text. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to ensure your messages are working the way they should HCazarin. We are happy to help. When did this issue begin? What model phone are you using? Does this happen with all audio/video files that you send?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes
Mich777

My buddy has the same problem. Samsung newer phone, everything updated, only on home videos. Every other video works with sound but personal videos don't have sound. Multiple media players tried. All sounds work but when I text him a video I made. Hope they fix it. 

0 Likes