Verizion's shared data plans
L_Shu

Doesn't Verizon understand that it will probably lose customers vis a vie AT&T's family share plan of 4 devices and unlimited talk/text + 10 Gigs of data/month?  Verizon doesn't even come close. especially to the ascending Gig rates.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizion's shared data plans
rcschnoor
Legend

How close is "close". Verizon has put forward their attempt at matching the AT&T plan of $160 for 4 phones sharing 10 GB of data. Their offering is $180 for 4 phones sharing 10 GB of data. Of course this is for AT&T's portion of that offer where you purchase 4 AT&T phones on the Next plan. With Verizon, you purchase 4 Verizon phones on the Edge plan. It does not match it exactly, but it DOES come close.

What neither the AT&T and Verizon options mention is the cost of the phones needed for the offer. THAT, of course, is additional on EITHER network.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
xchambers
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon has now matched AT&Ts $160 10GB a month for 4 smartphones down to the penny.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

While it DOES match it if going on the Edge/Next purchasing plans for phones, if you choose to purchase at full retail up front, bring a phone from another source and/or keep your phone longer than the Edge/Next agreement lasts the AT&T plan IS better. So it has NOT been matched completely.

0 Likes
xchambers
Contributor - Level 2

Bleeding companies have to cut corners to get business somehow. Just like T-Mobile offered $650 to switch to them. Now Sprint is doing the same thing. All bleeding companies will cut corners and make their services appear better.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I'm not sure what this has to do with Verizon "matching AT&T...down to the penny" which technically is not true. Verizon has partially matched it, but not completely.

I'm assuming that AT&T's option is drawing more Verizon customers than initially anticipated since Verizon's FIRST attempt at matching it was $180. It is NOW down to $160, but with SOME options left out. I guess that it is yet to be determined if Verizon will FURTHER match it depending on the reception this iteration works out.

0 Likes