Does using your phone as a mobile hotspot use 4G data or does it count as using WiFi?
Spoopie

I have a Droid MAXX and I love this phone. My WiFi at home is absolute crap- I have COX and they certainly live up to their name. I'm wondering if it might be worth it to just cancel their services and use the mobile hotspot option with my phone, since that is a more reliable network anyway, but I can't do it if it eats up my data.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does using your phone as a mobile hotspot use 4G data or does it count as using WiFi?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It counts against your data plan whenever you use your phone as a hotspot. You should find out how much data you use now with Cox so you know how much you really use every month before switching to a wireless network for all your internet service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Re: Does using your phone as a mobile hotspot use 4G data or does it count as using WiFi?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It counts against your data plan whenever you use your phone as a hotspot. You should find out how much data you use now with Cox so you know how much you really use every month before switching to a wireless network for all your internet service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.