Unfortunately Mail Has Stopped
Peterboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an HTC One M7 and when using my hotmail account and trying to respond to an email, I get Unfortunately Mail Has Stopped. How can I fix this problem?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unfortunately Mail Has Stopped
Clathem
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found solution a in another thread. Uninstall updates for Android System Webview.  This should fix the problem with the native email client.

I also disabled the app because it kept re-updating, taking me back to square one. I haven't missed it yet (a couple of weeks). I think it is only necessary for apps who haven't updated since before Android ran Kit-Kat.

It would be nice if Google/HTC/Verizon would make sure any bugs were fixed. But after some initial "we want to help you" posts, nothing from Verizon in three threads I was discussing this problem in.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Peterboy, we're stepping in with our tool belt to help you fix this problem. When did this issue start? Are you connected to our network or Wi-Fi? Are you able to access that e-mail account from a PC or laptop?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Peterboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello:

Problem started approx. 1 week ago.It doesn't matter whether I am connected to wifi, or your network, I can not answer any emails.I can receive email, I can read it, but can not answer it.I have no problem texting, answering texts etc.I can answer my emails on my Laptop with no problem.

Got the fix?

Thanks........Paul

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Peterboy! Let's review this further for you and get those emails flowing in. Are you using the standard email application or a downloaded application from the Play Store? Have you changed your password recently at all? Thanks in advance.

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
leekgordon

Changed to [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Peterboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kristie:

I have been using the same email since I have been with Verizon. It is a Hotmail account, not from the play store.Because I have been having a problem not being able to respond to my email by phone, I did go in to the play storeand opened up another email with Outlook.com using the same email address and that has been working fine. I still preferthe other format so I'm hoping there is a fix.

Thanks in advance for your help...........Paul

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

It sounds like the outgoing server link in your settings from your htc email app is no longer working. The fix for this is to access your Accounts & Sync settings, remove the Hotmail account, and then select the Add Account function and re-add your hotmail account and this should fix any glitch or server changes causing the issue.

0 Likes
Clathem
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem. I am using the native email client. I can send, forward, receive, but not reply/reply all. I get "unfortunately mail has stopped.". I cleared the app cache and data and reentered the accounts. Doesn't matter if WiFi or data. Worked fine for almost two years, then crashes every time I hit reply. HTC one 8. Phone is updated.

0 Likes
Jim_R1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also have the same problem. Have reinstalled my Verizon.net account and still fails (only when replying to an email).  Phone is HTC one m8.

0 Likes
Clathem
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found solution a in another thread. Uninstall updates for Android System Webview.  This should fix the problem with the native email client.

I also disabled the app because it kept re-updating, taking me back to square one. I haven't missed it yet (a couple of weeks). I think it is only necessary for apps who haven't updated since before Android ran Kit-Kat.

It would be nice if Google/HTC/Verizon would make sure any bugs were fixed. But after some initial "we want to help you" posts, nothing from Verizon in three threads I was discussing this problem in.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes