Why do I constantly have to restart my phone daily since the 4.3 update and why are there zero answers or help from Verizon or Samsung?
mattyshore
Contributor - Level 1

Ever since the 4.3 update, which I waited until end of January 2014 to download, My phone has been messed up. Some of the problems I solved on my own since Verizon and Samsung both refused to help me. I fixed the charging problem by using an HTC Incredible charger since Samsung's charger is garbage since the update. Battery drain is also a constant issue. Ram is ALWAYS full which should be a good thing but clearing it out completely and killing off all Google apps seems to make my phone all of a sudden fly and work super fast. As the day goes on I am unable to clear all of these unwanted items from being open and bogging down my phone. Most of the apps doing this are the preloaded ones you don't need. I am forced to restart my phone to get the memory cleared at least 2-4 times a day. Verizon tells me this is normal. Samsung hangs up on me when I call. Why do I have to restart this phone just to get it to work like it should after a few hours of being on? Does Verizon care about customers or just money?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why do I constantly have to restart my phone daily since the 4.3 update and why are there zero answers or help from Verizon or Samsung?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And which model of phone is this?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why do I constantly have to restart my phone daily since the 4.3 update and why are there zero answers or help from Verizon or Samsung?
mattyshore
Contributor - Level 1

Galaxy S3

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry for the issues you're experiencing with your Galaxy S3 mattyshore. Let's figure out what's going on so we can get it to work how it should be. What software version do you have? Have you tried placing in Safe Mode? Please try doing so for 24 hours, (use as normal while in safe mode), to see if improves. http://vz.to/15q7qvO

Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mattyshore,

Updates should make your phone better, not cause you headaches!

Our Device Evolution Team has tested the software after the update and verified battery life is meeting VZW requirement. However, there are multiple reasons why a device might experience battery drain after a software update. Typically, battery drain lasts for about a week while the updated OS optimizes itself during normal use. Other reasons for battery drain include, but are not limited to: low/marginal service (This requires the device to check the network more often.), multiple applications being run at the same time, screen brightness/time-out and apps that require background data. We recommend that you restart the phone in safe mode http://vz.to/1jtB2Cy and/or perform a factory data reset http://vz.to/QFhuBS on the device and reintroduce applications one at a time, observing battery drain after each one is installed. After the reset, please ensure that Google Play Services are updated to the latest version.

Keep us posted if the issue persist.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mattyshore
Contributor - Level 1

@Verizon Wireless Customer Support. I have the 4.3 version that I got with the awful update. I waited until the end of January to download it and guess what was never fixed? Your update. Its been months and battery drain is not better at all. I have replaced with a new battery and it was the same problem. I have used safe mode numerous times and it does not do anything either other than annoy me some more. I have done a factory reset on my phone since the update I downloaded in January 47 times so far. It didn't do anything but erase everything and I had to start all over. Google apps are a major reason my phone is lagging. Once I force stop them the phone has incredible speed, when the Google apps are on, the phone lags. The internet browser is also super slow. 56k dial up has faster speeds than my mobile browser and I have full 4g lte bars. Its beyond annoying because when ever I call Verizon customer service I am told nothing is wrong. If I break the phone into a million pieces you would still tell me its working properly. This problem persists on a daily basis. I now restart my phone 4 to 6 times daily. I am starting to wonder why the quality of your company is getting worse and worse? I have been around with Verizon wireless since early 2000 when you first merged with Vodafone, but in the past 4 years things have changed dramatically and I have stopped feeling appreciated like Verizon once made me feel

mattyshore
Contributor - Level 1

Basically what I am getting from Verizon is that I should pay for a new phone because you wont and refuse to help me since my phone is no longer new. That is like saying anytime I have an issue with a car I should just go out and buy a new one, like I am flush with cash in a down economy!

0 Likes
mattyshore
Contributor - Level 1

Doing what you recommend does nothing to improve the phone. It only creates more of a hassle than it is worth. Explain to me why I must restart my phone several times a day in order for it to work properly without lagging. I am still having issues since day one with this phone dropping out of 4glte and being stuck in 3 g. nothing works in 3g anymore. Not even Verizon apps. I am on my third sim card although this is your answer as the problem. Nothing works like it should since this AWFUL BUG FILLED update. You want me to keep you posted on how it is going at yet you have not even replied once in two weeks. So of what value are you personally to this forum if you never follow up?

gargir

I am having the same issue with my Samsung S21.  There was an update and ever since then I have to constantly restart my phone to switch between apps or when trying to open websites or web link.  I've tried everything from clearing all caches to resetting the network settings, turning mobile data on and off, switching mobile data networks, leaving the phone off overnight and nothing works.  I have noticed that I do not have the issue at all when connected to wifi which leads me to believe that the problem lies within the Verizon network and not with the phone hardware or settings.  It is really really frustrating when you pay copious amounts of money for a device and service provider that do not work properly or at all.

0 Likes
Re: Why do I constantly have to restart my phone daily since the 4.3 update an
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello gargir. We know the importance of being able to use your phone reliably. Let's look into this together. How long ago did this issue start? Also can you please confirm your phones current build number? This can be found under Settings and About Phone. (https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-236198/ )

-Tanisha

0 Likes