Re: Will switching to LTE from 5G improve voice call connections?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that info, Aprayiii. As a valued customer, your service concerns are our concerns too. We'll do everything we can to resolve the issues you're experiencing with call quality (e.g., dropped calls and callers not hearing you) and we apologize for your inconvenience. Let's continue working together to get this resolved. Are you experiencing service issues with call quality while you're indoors, outdoors, or both? Noting that you're using the Samsung Glaxy Fold 2, have there been any recent changes with your phone? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, etc.) - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that info. Let's dig deeper. We need your help while we're troubleshooting with you. Are you experiencing service issues with call quality while you're indoors, outdoors, or both? Noting that you're using the Samsung Galaxy Fold 2, have there been any recent changes with your phone? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, etc.) - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

I use the phone for my job. The issues are indoors. I rarely leave the house so do not know if there are issues outdoors. The phone has received all the updates that Verizon pushes, I have no control over that. I am using the same set of apps that I used with the S10+ that this Fold replaced in November.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you working along with us, aprayiii. I'm confident we'll figure this out as I know how how crucial it is to have a good calling experience especially while working. We're on the case. What's the nearest cross streets and zip code of your location? Have you tried enabling Wi-Fi Calling if you have Wi-Fi Calling if you have Wi-Fi available? Here's how to enable Wi-Fi Calling: http://spr.ly/6603HS7Rb -RSM

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you. Corner of Alpine St and St Andrews in Longmont CO 80504. Yes I have wifi calling enabled but there appears to be no way to have the phone switch to wifi call if needed. Instead what happens is that the other party keeps telling me they can not hear me. @vzw_customer_support 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, aprayiii. When it comes to indoor coverage, we cannot guarantee service, just like every carrier. Do you have Wi-Fi available for use within your home? Wi-Fi Calling is a great feature that assists with service indoors. Here is a link for assistance: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-233727/ . Please let us know if this is a viable option.

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

I opened a ticket with support and am getting a Network Extender sent to me. But as an FYI I have found that switching to LTE seems to increase the signal slightly. -115 dBm to -112 dBm right now. But the number does change frequently so it's unclear if it helps.

0 Likes