droid keyboard typing letters twice
ks1023

For the past 3 weeks or so, all of a sudden when I'm typing a message, certain letters (especially a and e) will go in twice or it puts a period and starts a new sentence when I'm in the middle of one. Has anyone experienced the problem or know how to fix it? It's extremely annoying, I spend so much time typing and trying to get it right.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: droid keyboard typing letters twice
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

I have experienced this type of issue before and I know how frustrating this can be. Usually the multiple letters occurs when you have a lot of data on your phone and if your a fast typer, by the time your phone catches up it will generate two of the same letters and also since you have a touch screen and type fast sometimes the keyboard will add periods in the middle of your sentences if you are using a letter that is close to the period symbol. I  don't suggest that you type slower but try clearing some data from your phone and when typing a letter close to the period be sure to avoid it because there is really not a known fix for this kind of issue....unless it does it randomly more than 10 times, in this case you may to try a soft reset by pulling the battery for 1 to 2 minutes and if this does not work get your phone checked for any defects by going to your local verizon wireless store where a technician is available.

0 Likes
ks1023

Thanks. I took it to VZ wireless on Tuesday, and of course it wasn't happening, but I was able to show the person in there what it was doing from previous texts. I've uninstalled all my applications I downloaded, tried the reset. It seemed to fix the issue a bit, but started again. The touch screen keyboard works great. Its the regular keyboard that has the issues. I'll try to the reset again. I can't imagine it be the way I type, it worked for 4 months without any problems. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
jschutz1

This has been happening with my Droid as well for the past 2-3 weeks. It's all the keys, not just certain ones.  It's extremely annoying.  The big selling point for me was that the Droid had a full keyboard, and now it's basically unusable.  The touchscreen keyboard still works fine, but I got a Droid so I could use the slider keyboard.  I'll try doing a reset, but I doubt that's going to fix the problem.  It seems like they keys are just becoming oversensitive with time and use.  I'd have hoped a $300+ phone would last longer than seven months.

0 Likes
pschaf

Same thing has been occuring with me on my Droid 2 running Froyo (2.2)
The problem occurs on the physical keyboard and like the original poster, typing words like "what" will come out as "whatt" or "whaat".  

0 Likes