Calls going straight to voicemail, no missed call notifications
CosmicGoddsss
Enthusiast - Level 1

I keep missing calls and they go straight to voicemail. This has happened at least 15-20 times in the last week or two. The calls are very important. I don’t even get missed call notifications and it doesn’t ring at all. I don’t have Do Not Disturb turned on on my iPhone, and even so, I have these people’s numbers set to bypass that feature.

Sometimes I will even miss 3-5 calls in a row (I know this because there will be that many voicemails left in a short about of time, no ringing, no missed call notifications).

I’m getting full bars as far as service, and I’ve never had an issue here (in my apartment) before.

I tried restarting my phone and resetting network settings, and that doesn’t work. This has been happening since I upgraded my iPhone last month. (Went from iPhone 6 to iPhone SE 2020.)

I’m so frustrated that I’m even thinking about switching carriers, and that’s saying a lot, since I’ve been with Verizon for over 10 years.

Please help.

Labels (1)
Re: Calls going straight to voicemail, no missed call notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my, CosmicGoddsss. That is certainly such a frustrating and bothersome situation and we want to make sure we get to the bottom of this calling issue for you. Please meet us in a Private Message for further assistance. 

0 Likes
Bobette1
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are also very long, time customers with Verizon and have been experiencing the same situation.  iPhone does not ring or show a missed call, but get asked why my phone is set to go straight to voicemail -- which it is not.  Have called Verizon customer service and received the same troubleshooting suggestions -  remove call forwarding, resetting phone, making sure it has latest update...none of these have solved the problem.  We also turned off all blocking, all filtering...anything that we felt may be interfering.    The customer service rep said it might be caused by having older iPhone 6 models.  Since receiving phones calls is the top priority for having a phone, especially during these times, recently even took the advice of the Verizon customer service rep and decided to update to iPhone 12s (an extra expense we really didn't need).  We desperately want peace of mind our family and friends can reach us when they call.  Unfortunately, getting new phones also has not solved the problem, still have occurrences of "no missed calls" but then a voice mail appears.   It seems to be with the same contacts (or maybe it is just because they are the ones informing us of the situation).  It is also sporadic - sometimes the call will go through from them, other times it doesn't and goes straight to voice mail.  

Tonight my husband sent a text to tell me that he called twice and goes straight to voice mail.  I then called his phone and he received the call.  After we spoke, he tried to called my phone again - and straight to voice mail!  My phone does not have the "silence" feature turned on - and he is in my "favorite contact list" so would not apply even if it was.  Our phones are under the same account.  We both have "full bars", I am in Wi-Fi, his phone says 5G, ...  This aggravation sent me to do further research to try to figure out the cause, and lead me here. 

My mom's line on our account has also experience the same issue with my sister-in-law.  Both have iPhones, under different accounts, but both with Verizon.   On numerous occasions, when she calls mom, it goes straight to voice mail.  She ends up texting her and that goes through; however, this is not acceptable.   

Another situation - my brother has an android phone.  Since February 2020, when he texts mom, she does not receive his text messages.  If she texts him, he does receives her text message.  I have her phone settings set the same as mine, and I do receive his text messages.  She was receiving his texts prior to Feb 2020.  None of this makes sense either.  We have had a Verizon customer service rep remote into her phone to review all these issues, and still no solutions. 

Being a tenured customer for many, many years with Verizon, always felt had reliable service until the last year or so when these issues began to surface.  Making/receiving calls and text messages should be a fundamental service that your customers should not have to worry about or try to problem solve spending hours with customer service and doing their own research.  I am at a loss if it is truly something with the phones, or if it comes back to the Verizon network.   Please help.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bobette1, we regret to learn of all these service headaches and want your calls/text messages working at all times. We've sent you a private message so we can further assist. Thank you.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
twocansue
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having this problem for over a YEAR now.  It is so frustrating.  I have contacted Verizon's support desk and they have been unable to resolve it.  This is my Business phone!!!! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@twocansue

I'm sorry to learn you've been experiencing this calling issue for over a year now. I can imagine the frustration this wireless issue has caused you. Allow me to help.

Are you, too, experiencing this calling issue on your Apple iPhone SE device? If not, what model phone do you have, and how often are your calls going straight to voicemail?

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
mizike29
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have both of my Verizon lines with newer S10 5G phones. This has been going on all year and I just discovered the issue about 6 months ago. I did all the options I found online and still have the issue. I have missed at least 10 JOB OPPORTUNITIES in the past two months because of these MYSTERY MISSED CALLS. No MISSED call notification, NEVER RINGS and no VOICEMAIL NOTIFICATION, but if you check the voicemail, which means I need to check DAILY FOR VOICEMAILS NOW, then you hear the voicemail exists.  This is a MAJOR issue and has caused me to miss many opportunities, this is also my home and work phone.  Very very frustrating to say the least.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

One of our main goals is to keep you connected, specially while you are waiting for job opportunity calls. Please tell us, are you using Wi-Fi or Regular Calling? Is your device software up to date? Are you experiencing calling issues indoors or outdoors?

~Maria Elena

0 Likes
Ecpatt23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Come on Verizon, you hiding something. Put the true answer out in public chat

Cygnus213
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue, for a couple of months now, with no fix. I called Verizon they said a hard reset would fix the issue, but it doesn't work for more than an hour before I'm back to receiving zero calls. I've gone through all the basic troubleshooting with ZERO relief.