Do I need to remove the SIM card and battery before returning my device?
KIRBON54
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I just pre-ordered the new iphone, and am trading in my old. I just received an email saying that before I mail it back, I need to remove the Sim card and battery? Is this true? If so how do I do that without damaging the phone? I know the sim card can be removed with a paperclip but the battery seems very involved and risky...

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trade-in: Battery & Sim card removal necessary?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KIRBON54, I hope that you enjoy your new phone. We are here to provide answers to all of your questions. I am really glad that you asked this question. We really don’t want you to remove your battery. The email only ask that of phone that comes with a removable battery. You can send the phone back just by powering it off.

You are correct, the Sim card should be removed, using a paper clip.

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KIRBON54, I hope that you enjoy your new phone. We are here to provide answers to all of your questions. I am really glad that you asked this question. We really don’t want you to remove your battery. The email only ask that of phone that comes with a removable battery. You can send the phone back just by powering it off.

You are correct, the Sim card should be removed, using a paper clip.

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Thats just a generic message. The battery cannot be removed on the iphone. Remove your sim and send the phone in. That will be fine. Also make sure you restore it to factory so your info is wiped off of it.

Loquat
Master - Level 1

And I'll add that you need to make sure that you turn "Find My iPhone" feature OFF prior to sending your device back.

mccarthyms1

What if I can't get the SIM card tray to open. What next?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes