How do I block data on kid's phones so they don't go over data limit?
slambert68
Enthusiast - Level 2

My son continues to go over his data plan every month.  I want to block the data so when his data usage is used, he cannot go over the usage until it starts over the next month.  I do not want to buy a more expensive data plan

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do I block kids phone so they don't go over their data limit?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

slambert68,

Controlling data is always important. We have a great application called Family Base. It allows you to restrict times and amount of data. You can add this on your account online for only $5 a month.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use Family Base?

Show your son how to restrict which applications are allowed to access the cellular data to reduce the number of applications using the data plan?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

slambert68,

Controlling data is always important. We have a great application called Family Base. It allows you to restrict times and amount of data. You can add this on your account online for only $5 a month.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ammiemp
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why do we have to purchase a set of services that we don't want or need when we only need data locked out after a limit has been met? We shouldn't have to pay for that!

When I purchased my new smart phone, the rep told me that I could do this and did not mention any cost. So am I missing something?

slambert68
Enthusiast - Level 2

@verizon wireless customer support

I agree completely with ammiemp!  Why should I have to pay for an extra service?  If he goes over the data, $10 is added each month to my bill.  If I sign up for Family Base, I have to pay $5 a month.  I might as well let him go over the data and spend the $10 rather than spend another $30 for extra data or $5 for Family Base plan.  Most of his data overage is from using Pandora

slambert68
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree completely with ammiemp!  Why should I have to pay for an extra service?  If he goes over the data, $10 is added each month to my bill.  If I sign up for Family Base, I have to pay $5 a month.  I might as well let him go over the data and spend the $10 rather than spend another $30 for extra data or $5 for Family Base plan.  Most of his data overage is from using Pandora

Weth
Legend

I have a hard time understanding how this is Verizon's fault.   Having a phone is a responsibility and part of that is living within the limits of the plan.  Also the idea of post paid is to always have service, and pay after if you go over, thus the "post".  This is important for many to always have service that is not cut off. 

There is is a solution for those that cannot generally stick to limits, prepaid service.  Get your son prepaid service and when the limits are reached, no service.  Or get the family base.  But at least understand what post paid actually means. 

0 Likes
dustin_gage
Enthusiast - Level 1

Idk about your device but on mine (lg g2) i can set a limit in the actual settings of my phone, under the mobile data section. It allows me to set amounts for alerts and also lets me put a limit that once reached it sets it to wifi only.

WoodHacker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I made my kid pay the additional charges.  That solved our overages.