No Service / SOS ONLY
pearly0207
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am suddenly getting no reception at home and I can't make or receive calls. Phone says SOS only or switches to 1 bar but still won't allow me to make/receive calls. I've never had service issues this bad before. The lucky times I do get a call in, service gets cut off. 

I was chatting with Verizon who told me I had to go in-store and get a new sim. When I went to the store, they took my sim and said the e-sim should work fine. I came back home and it still didn't work. They finally gave me a new sim and still NO LUCK. They told me the store could not help and that I should call technical support with another phone (as if I have another phone just laying around). They also said they couldn't give me credit since there are places the phone works. REALLY? Why am I paying for service I am not getting? 

I need help to get this issue fixed. 

1 Solution
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

There are different  reasons for this issue to occur.  In order to further assist, please follow this link. Enter your device information and the issue you are experiencing and it will walk you through basic troubleshooting steps. If additional assistance is required, our team will be available to provide additional support as needed.

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II

View solution in original post

0 Likes
53 Replies
King-chut
Enthusiast - Level 1

My iPhone 13pro was doing this as well on and off every day. I’d just randomly go into sos mode all throughout the day. Took my phone into Verizon and they tried to give it an e sim but wasn’t successful so I had to take it to the Apple Store. Apple ended up finding a reason to charge me 99 bucks and gave me a “new” iPhone 13pro. I used Apple care but was out of warranty for me charge port. Never got an answer as to what it was.

KinG-chuT
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that I would be frustrated if I started having service issues at home, pearly0207. This is where I use my device the most, like many others. It is important to note that due to the nature of the wireless signal, we cannot guarantee coverage indoors, even when service was working indoors previously. This doesn't mean we are without solutions though. Please be on the lookout for a private note from us so we can dive into this issue.

-Joseph

0 Likes
ajws94
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm experiencing the same issue - could you please support me? SOS keeps toggling back on and I lose bars every time.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ajws94, I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your phone going into SOS/No Service as well. Having your phone work is very important nowadays and we don't want you to keep having problems. We're going to send you a Private Message so we can help.

~Jesse

0 Likes
VerizonUser2023
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue on and off. I don’t understand what’s happening. I am literally at home and I’ve never had this issue. It’s very frustrating being a Verizon customer for over a decade and having service issues like this. I pay too much for this to be happening. I would also appreciate some assistance on this matter.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I depend on my service on a daily basis, so I know how important it is to have your service working, we'll be glad to help out. When did this issue start? Is only your device affected?

~Freddy

0 Likes
Surgeonbyday
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why don’t you tell us how to fix it rather than having everyone send you a message

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Surgeonbyday. We want to help everyone. Let's look into any issues you are having. Please tell us more. Are you seeing this indoors only? Did you recently change devices or Sims? -Joe

0 Likes
RosalesP87
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi please I need help too! It just started doing this tonight. I was trying to call someone and it says SOS  in my phone .

nsm8930
Enthusiast - Level 2

I  am having the same issue.  It's intermittent and frustrating!  I don't have a land line so this is my lifeline.  Please help!  I have an iphone 13 mini.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to learn you're having issues with your service, We want to help as much as we can. Where are you currently located? When did this issue begin? Does this happen mostly indoors or outdoors? 

~Ivone

0 Likes
nsm8930
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in Bellingham, WA.  It's been happening intermittently for the past couple of weeks.  It happens indoors and out.  Doesn't seem to matter.  I know there's coverage as my husband has plenty of bars.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the information, nsm8930! We'll get these service issues figured out. To better assist, we'll be sending a Private Message.

~Izzy

0 Likes
nsm8930
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently I'm now at my limit of Private Messages and the issue persists.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello RosalesP87. We would love to help! What device do you have? What zip code are you in? Please tell us more about this SoS issue. -Joe

0 Likes
winelover5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue that just started in the last 30 minutes. Restarting my iPhone 12 still shows SOS only. Website says there are no issues in my neighborhood. Please advise.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we're sorry to learn you're having issues with your service. We will be sending you a private message to further assist.

~Ivone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to take a closer look at your situation. In order to do this, we would need to do some troubleshooting steps. What is the software version on your device? Where are you currently located? Have you tried to reset network settings on your device? 

~Ivone

0 Likes

I have the same issue 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Dougsierra11. My apologies to hear of this but rest assured, help is here. What is your zip code? Are others having the same issue? 

-Natasha

0 Likes