SIM card hard locked by reseller flex USA
kirkrobertson

I bet no one can help but thought it worth a try.

I bought an Iphone 12 when in the US and was told it was not locked and I would be able to use in the UK. This worked well but for a few years but I reset my phone to factory settings and now it will not accept the SIM i was using. On investigation it appears to be locked by a reseller flex policy. I was advised to contact the phone company to get them to unlock ( which I believe to be Verizon) it but it is impossible to find an email contact and I can't log in to an account as I don't have the original phone number  on an account etc etc.  Does anyone have any ideas before I have to bin a perfectly good phone? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SIM card hard locked by reseller flex USA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kirkrobertson, I apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing with your device. Where did you originally purchase the phone? Was the phone originally purchased through the reseller Flex USA, then active on a Verizon Wireless account?  -Shelly

0 Likes
kirkrobertson

Hi Shelly,

Thanks for the reply

It's a while ago but if memory serves me correctly I think it was walmart in Ocala. I don't have the original documents. I think I was registered to Verizon. They did the documentation for me then I put in my uk sim card and it worked. so I didn't keep the info over the years. I can give you all the phone info for you to check if it is locked on your system.  

Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Does the carrier you use have a webpage to check the IMEI of the device? I know here at Verizon Wireless that checking the lock status is available here
https://www.verizon.com/od/prepaid/bring-your-own-device/#/selectDeviceType

What does it say on your carrier's website ?

-David

0 Likes
kirkrobertson

Hi, 

I have checked my carrier at this end (BT) it is not locked and it is their Sim card that is not recognised. I do not have the original SIM or phone number so can not check on your link.  Can you check against my IMEI Number:  [Edited for Privacy] if it is locked to you please. If it is can you release it.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having full access to your device is important; we check your device connected to  and the device is locked. You will need to work with the seller to learn more about the situation. 

-Evelyn

0 Likes
kirkrobertson

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. It would appear we are making some progress. Having any access would be a  good start. The phone is obviously locked to Verizon as you have just given me the phone number and told me it is locked. You are the only people that can unlock it. The retailer can't do it and will just refer me back to you.  It is an old phone please unlock it from your system. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My apologies kirkrobertson! Devices that are locked can only be unlocked by the request of the original owner of the phone. If you did not purchase it from Verizon, you will need to reach back out to the seller for assistance with the unlock process. You can read more about unlocking phones on Verizon here:  

http://spr.ly/66053KMGv;

-Michelle

0 Likes
kirkrobertson

Hi,

I have contacted Walmart and they have requested some information that I hope you can help me with. They wanted to know when and where the phone was purchased so they can locate it and help me resolve the issue. I no longer have the receipt as it was about 4 years ago. You can probably help me by telling me the details of when it went live on your system and from which Ocala store the request came from.  Thanks.

0 Likes
kirkrobertson

Hi,

I have contacted  Walmart. Here is their answer. They are saying that only you can unlock the phone and I should contact you.  This is very frustrating.  Please unlock the phone. You have the ability to do it and Walmart do not. They have instructed me to contact you to get it done. That should serve as ample authority to unlock the hard lock.  Thanks.

0 Likes