activation fees
jbk106
Enthusiast - Level 1

if i buy a new iphone 11 from apple, how much will verizon charge to activate it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: activation fees
jbk106
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
jbk106
Enthusiast - Level 1

anyone??

0 Likes
JohnnyCincoTelco
Enthusiast - Level 2

So typically activation fees are $40 BUT it looks like VZ is running a promotion where they actually pay YOU $100.  I can't find anything in the fine print that says they are still charging an act fee but even if it is $40, you'll net $60+ if there is one.  

https://www.verizon.com/bring-your-own-device/

0 Likes
JohnnyCincoTelco
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just confirmed with a chat agent...

BYOD plan act fees are waived as long as they are processed online.

"Michael: so the fee would be waived and it is normally a $40 fee but is waived on the monthly billing"

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

@jbk106 wrote:

if i buy a new iphone 11 from apple, how much will verizon charge to activate it?

This would certainly depend on which iPhone you chose to get. Unfortunately, what @JohnnyCincoTelco has stated doesn't necessarily apply. When you purchase a phone from Apple, it would not necessarily be considered a BYOD device. If you purchase a phone from Apple and it is the "Verizon" version of the device which comes with a Verizon SIM card, it is no different than purchasing the device direct from Verizon and you WILL be charged an activation fee. It WILL NOT be considered a BYOD device.

If you purchase the "unlocked" version of the device from Apple which does not come with a Verizon SIM card then you will not be charged an activation fee. You can simply take the SIM card out of your current device and then insert it into the new iPhone, it will be activated with your Verizon phone number and you will not be charged an activation fee. It is possible that this has changed since the last time I purchased an unlocked iPhone, but it was the policy as recently as December of 2019. I have been purchasing iPhones in this manner ever since the iPHone 6 came out and have not once been charged an activation fee on any of the 8 devices I have purchased. Of course, Verizon can change their policies at any time.