Re: iPhone 12 Pro 5G UW Not Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you can access the 5G Ultra Wideband network on your 12 Pro without issue. Can you advise if this issue occurs on both the eSIM and physical SIM or has it only been used on the physical SIM? Have we tried removing all of your 5G features and then readding them back to the device to see if the reprovisioning of your 5G services rectifies the issue?

-Ebony

0 Likes
Scopietre
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have recently done this with no change at all. 

Going on 3 months now of the same issue. I’m paying for a service that I’m not receiving. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am dedicated to getting to the bottom of this once and for all! I apologize for the experience as we want to see you enjoy the Ultra Wideband technology. Where are you located when you are expecting 5G UW to appear? Are you seeing the base 5G icon for the 5G Nationwide service?  -Yale

0 Likes
WILSON68944
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, thank you for your response. At first I tried to fix this through calling customer service but I spent 2 hours on it and the person didn’t seem to know how to fix it or the solutions like you guys do. My issue seems to be primarily that my  5GUWB simply doesn’t connect to the service anymore at all. It throws an error code and says I’m disconnected from data as if I was on Airplane Mode. Now the Ultra-Wideband icon does appear in the corner of my phone, it just no longer connects.

To answer your question, I don’t use an E-SIM. I do use a physical SIM though. No, we hope ave haven’t tried manually removing 5G UWB off my line then re-adding it back to see if it’s a provisioning issue, The tech I spoke to didn’t even seem to be aware of the provision solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

These details are helpful, please send us a PM. *Cecile

0 Likes
atherinekay
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem in New York City, can’t use the internet or receive messages in any 5G UW area. This bug needs to be fixed. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring your can use your 5G UW services is important to us, atherinekay. Allow us to obtain some additional details. When did your issue first begin? Can you advise which version of iOS you're currently running on your device? Have you recently made any changes to your plan (just to rule out the 5G UW feature hasn't been dropped)?

0 Likes
Jskinner37
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Problem is VZW is very bad. It’s not your phone. They bill you for money, but their contract doesn’t gurantee you will have serivce. They are crooks.

VivekOjha

I am having the same problem in downtown Leesburg , VA .

Tried all the options mentioned in this thread and nothing works .

Is there any permanent solution to this ?

0 Likes
nash123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing here in chicago northwest side. Started a few weeks ago. Extremely frustrating. It was ok in the summer. What happened?